This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Pola Ivanova-was she meant to be Anya Amasova?

8 replies to this topic

#1 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 17 January 2002 - 03:13 AM

I know Anya Amasova was originally given a cameo in a later film, either Moonraker or FYEO, where we'd find her in bed with General Gogol (erky perky!).
I've always suspected that the Pola Ivanova character played by Fiona Fullerton in AVTAK may also have been written as a cameo for Barbara Bach as Anya. Otherwise the whole episode is a bit redundant.
Does anybody amongst our erudite CBNet gang know for sure?

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 17 January 2002 - 08:17 AM

I can't say I've ever heard anything in relation to this White Persian. But it's a damn interesting theory.

I believe the movie where we were meant to see Anya was FYEO. I always though it was really interesting to see her in bed with Gogol. Don't we end up seeing him in bed with his secretary instead?

#3 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 04 February 2002 - 04:27 PM

Hey, this idea never occured to me before. It would have been GREAT if Pola was Anya.

#4 JAWS

JAWS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 04 February 2002 - 06:27 AM

I watched AVTAK recently and in the hot tub scene heard some lines that almost immeadiatly made me think of this thread.
Ivanova: Oh, James, you haven't changed a bit!
(while Bond is massaging her back)
BOND: But YOU have! (then he says something about her being more beatiful than before)
((something to that effect))
I woudn't be surprised at all if Bach was in mind. IF she WAS asked, maybe she refused because it was too small of a part.

#5 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 17 January 2002 - 08:29 AM

1. Nice idea. Would have been fun. Still would have been a completely meaningless ten minutes, but fun anyway.

2. I thought we were supposed to see XXX in Moonraker, that bit with Gogol on the 'phone, complaining about problems, problems. I'm sure I read somewhere that the wooden headboard on the bed was some fabulously expensive reproduction which we were, of course, all staring at.

#6 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 17 January 2002 - 08:47 AM

When you think about, Bond greeted Pola as if we, the audience, were supposed to have known her too. Maybe Pola was supposed to be Anya played by Bach.

Mind you, it was Tchaikovsky that ended up getting mentioned instead.

Ouch! :)

#7 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 12:24 AM

I always thought it would have been a nice touch to have brought Bach back....I'm not sure what she looked like in the mid-1980s though (the "Give My Regards to Broad Street" era)...I know she really is unrecognizable as Anya today (hasn't aged very well).

#8 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:08 AM

hmm interesting.. I like that theory

#9 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 05:11 AM

I've always thought that is was like this. Would have been so much better.