How about Adrian Paul from Highlander

3 replies to this topic

#1 john_mccl

john_mccl

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 04:09 PM

Watching some of the old highlander episodes on sky got me thinking whether Adrian Paul would make a good bond. He is about the right age for the role. Also he reminds me of sean connery a little. He is british and has a martial arts background, so could probably handle himself in the action scenes. He needs a big film break, this might be his ideal opportunity.

#2 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 19 January 2003 - 04:14 PM

I used to think that until I saw Paul's new series 'Tracker'. The show is so God-awful that it convinced me that his career was going in the wrong direction for him to ever qualify for the role of 'Bond'.

#3 11 11

11 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 05:47 PM

He's too short to be Bond at 5'10". I know a lot of people on this forum like Gruffud or Ewan McGregor etc to play Bond, but to me Bond has to be at least 6 feet tall at the shortest.

#4 Blofeld Jones

Blofeld Jones

Recruit

• Crew
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 07:40 PM

For one thing, Adrian Paul looks a lot like Sean Connery. If he were a little taller and had a better Scottish accent, he could probably double for a young SC. But Paul isn't the greatest actor in the world. He could possibly pull it off with some extra coaching. His business sense isn't great either (you know that BS show he's on now -- or is it cancelled?), but that wouldn't really matter since he would have no creative control.

Don't knock him, he might be a good Bond. But he'd have to stand on boxes or something.