5 replies to this topic

#1 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 06:37 PM

Maurice Binder lives on in Bond film history as the"First MainTitle Designer"for 007 in Dr.NO .Yet to me i like the work of the other two (2) Main Title Designers . Especially after DAD , i have grown to like the work of Daniel Kleinman more and more . Love what was done in TWINE , but his stuff for DAD was great. My original favorite is Robert Brownjohn . The title sequence in FRWL is in my mind the best, he also did Goldfinger . The gyrating belly dancer with the title projected over her body .To the Barry version of the title song ,is the best of the lot . This established the trend of the trademark cavorting title girls that are synonymous with the series. what are you favorites ?

#2 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 07:46 PM

My Fav Of Binders work is Octopussy. Fav Kleinman titles - TWINE..

#3 Citizen Bond

Citizen Bond

Midshipman

• Enlisting
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 07:51 PM

The best of Binder is either TSWLM, but Moonraker and YOLT are also wonderful. Kleinman's best is Goldeneye...the use of real women takes it. For some reason the digi-girls just don't send me.

#4 11 11

11 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 08:55 PM

I like OHMSS athe union jack, the good theme music, and all of those hot naked chicks

#5 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 09:00 PM

I love Dr No's titles - a "pop-art" style montage and three blind mice. Groovy, simple, chic and even blends three tunes all in one.

DAD has to be the best modern title sequence - well done daniel kleinman

#6 License To Kill

License To Kill

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts

Posted 17 January 2003 - 09:00 PM

TSWLM and DAD. Or TND to substitute for DAD, but Spy is top teaser and film for that matter.

~LTK~