Bookies joint favourite- Jeremy Northam

3 replies to this topic

#1 Double oh Ten

Double oh Ten

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 07:29 PM

Just reading through my fathers football bookies magazine and i saw something that interested me.

The bookies in question is William Hill, and the advert i saw interested me: It seems that the joint favourites to take over the role of 007 after Pierce hands up the Walther are-

JEREMY NORTHAM and
GREG WISE

As for Greg Wise- dont waste ur time MGM, he is definately not Bond. For starters, lack of big screen time i think is a bad thing!!

As for Jeremy Northam, i think he would make a good Bond. He was up for the role in both Goldeneye and was reportedly offered the role for Die Another Day.

Now ive heard alot of people saying that Northam would make a poor James Bond, but personally, after seeing him in The Net, i think he would make a good 007.

What do you all think?

#2 11 11

11 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 07:42 PM

Northam could play Bond. However I would have to say that I doubt they will choose him. I also have read that Mel Gibson and Tom Selleck were the bookies favorites to get Bond in TLD, also Gibson was the favorite for GE.

Also actors like Gibson and Liam Neeson gave been offered the role and turned it down.

I think Northam is more or less like this, I would say he will not be interested in the role.

On the other hand I can see an actor like Ralph Fiennes would be interested because it is more his style of acting.

However I could see Northam playing the role, but it just is not his acting style though. I really doubt he would take the part.

#3 11 11

11 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 07:48 PM

Northam could play Bond. However I would have to say that I doubt they will choose him. I also have read that Mel Gibson and Tom Selleck were the bookies favorites to get Bond in TLD, also Gibson was the favorite for GE.

Also actors like Gibson and Liam Neeson gave been offered the role and turned it down.

I think Northam is more or less like this, I would say he will not be interested in the role.

On the other hand I can see an actor like Ralph Fiennes would be interested because it is more his style of acting.

However I could see Northam playing the role, but it just is not his acting style though. I really doubt he would take the part.

#4 Contessa

Contessa

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 02:30 AM

I think Northam would do quite a decent job, but might not be considered quite "box office" enough for MGM these days. Reportedly, Fiennes was offered the role of Bond before Brosnan took over, but he rejected it as too "lightweight." (As if the lead in "The Avengers" was a role of depth).:)