5 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 12:44 AM

I was thinking that timmothy Dalton would make a great Bond and could possibly take over if Brosnan only decides to make one more. I saw him in two movies (The Living Daylights and License to Kill I think) where he played a character very similar to Bond although he spoke with a northern accent. I think if he could master more of a sophisticated Bondesque accent he would be ideal for the role.

#2 Contessa

Contessa

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 12:04 AM

"The Living Daylights" and "License to Kill" are official Bond movies, and Dalton portrayed the character of James Bond in both before Brosnan took over. Whether one accepts Dalton or not as Bond, is, of course another story (he did quite an admirable job, I think, but one of my friends can't stand him). Having seen him recently--he's now 58 years old--I'd have to say that he looks far to old to take the role back over (yes, even if he used a tupe).:)

#3 License To Kill

License To Kill

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 12:12 AM

Mr. Trump, a question for you. When you were watching "The Living Daylights" and "License To Kill", you didn't notice they were Bond movies?

~LTK~

#4 11 11

11 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 01:08 AM

Well he did still seem Bond like in American Outlaws.

However at 56 I doubt it because say Brosnan's last movie is in 2007 as he has hinted would Dalton play Bond in 2009 at age 63? I doubt it.

#5 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 01:52 AM

Sorry about that folks, this post was just a bit of a gag by Mr Trump. I noticed that there were a lot of threads about who should be the next James Bond so I thought I'd have a little joke. Having said that I would like to say that I thought the Dalton films immensley. Don't get me wrong, he's not my favourite Bond, I prefer Brosnan and Connery but I've liked all the Bond actors (including Lazenby) and films and I was particularly impressed with the approach they took to License to Kill.

#6 killkenny kid

killkenny kid

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6607 posts

Posted 10 January 2003 - 11:33 PM

Good one, Mr. Trump I'm lol.