#1 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 12:34 AM

Ok, now hands to the heart:

would you go see a Bond movie no matter how bad it is?
Would you still be loyal to James Bond if MGM/EON would produce one crappy movie after another?
How far has a writer/director/producer to go until you say "I'm not gonna go see this one as long as it's labeled as a James Bond movie" ?

I know I would pay to see any movie that has printed

"Albert R. Broccoli's EON Productions presents
ABC DEF as
Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in
XYZ"

on it's official poster.

#2 Jeff007

Jeff007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2076 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 12:49 AM

I'm sure that there will be many fans out there that will be at the theatre when the going gets rough in the world of bond. I'll be there too just waiting for all of the rest of the bond fans to jump back on the band wagon.

#3 YOLT

YOLT

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1533 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 08:23 AM

As long as revenue is bigger than the cost we must have Bond films. Also I think that using too much money for a Bond film is wrong, there is allways a risk of failure. 2 years a film with medium budget is allright.

#4 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 12:42 PM

i am a bond fan no matter how good the movie or how bad

#5 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 11:47 PM

To be perfectly honest if they where producing one crappy Bond film after another I would probably stop watching them on the cinema and just wait for them to come on T.V. Don't get me wrong I'm not some fan who has just jumped on the bandwagon since Brosnan got the role, I've loved all the films. So for me to not enjoy any future Bond movies It would probably mean that the studio is going against what Bond is all about (eg Bond as a woman). If it was just a case of the films doing poor at the box office and getting a bad press there would probably still be enough in the film to keep me entertained.

#6 $Moneypenny$

$Moneypenny$

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 09:11 AM

Nope... I'd be there with bells on, no matter the crappiness!!! (well, I might draw the line at "Albert R. Broccoli's EON Productions presents Steve Irwin: The Crocodile Hunter as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007")

#7 $Moneypenny$

$Moneypenny$

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 09:14 AM

... heh heh, just though that if Eon ever *shudder* make a film with The Croc Hunter as 007, it could be called "Crikey". :)... doesn't bear thinking about really!!!

#8 brendan007

brendan007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1512 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 09:16 AM

there is no way i would ever give up on new bond movies. im far too obsessed with them to give up if they start making really bad movies.

#9 $Moneypenny$

$Moneypenny$

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 09:22 AM

Okay, let's change tack a little. At what point (however outrageous) would you stop paying to watch Bond films? In my case it would have to be something akin to the croc hunter scenario, or perhaps "Albert R. Brocolli's EON productions present, The Cookie Monster as Ian Fleming's James Bond 007"

#10 Mr Trump

Mr Trump

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 274 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 04:01 PM

I wouldn't watch Jane Bond
A Gay Bond
A Black Bond
or if they changed his nationality so he was a American agent or even another nation.

#11 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 06:16 PM

Originally posted by Mr Trump
I wouldn't watch Jane Bond
A Gay Bond
A Black Bond
or if they changed his nationality so he was a American agent or even another nation.

mr trump, thats how i feel, it would take that kind of situation that you listed for me to throw my hands up and quit.

#12 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 08:30 PM

I would see any Bond movie in the theatre, no matter who's playing him, what it's about, or even if Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson warn us beforehand, "DON'T SEE THIS MOVIE - IT STINKS." Although, the degree of crapiness will effect the number of times I see it...

#13 Alexborn007

Alexborn007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 06:37 PM

They'd have to do some seeeeeeeeeeeeeeerious messing with the series before I'd say "I quit".

For example...

Main theme song is by rapper
Musical score is by A DJ
Bond is not British

Pretty much what people have mentioned here. I like all Bond movies (I'll still acknowledge and enjoy the bad ones) and even the most different one is still interesting for me. They have a long way to go before I'll put up the Tux.

#14 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 06:47 PM

Haha - "put up the Tux" - that's good.