Should Dalton be a new Bond?

5 replies to this topic

#1 MattCasey009

MattCasey009

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 11:09 PM

I personally feel that Dalton shouldn't come back to play Bond because he just doesn't have the physical features needed, and well as much as I like his portrayel of Bond, well I don't think he imagined an almost bald Bond. Dalton oozes class and authority and wits. It is just amazing the presence he has with the role. Also I think if the role were offered to Dalton we would use his brain and relize reality and he would decline the role knowing that it isn't just a good idea.

#2 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 11:20 PM

it simply too late in the game for Dalton to play Bond. He had his chance. Granted the legal problem did not help. Yet the Eon people where committed to him, he just walk away. that was the problem with the early Moore years' up unto TSWLM. Every one want Sean Connery to return. Let just move on:mad:

#3 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:56 AM

I'm a big Dalton fan, once you made your peace with his era was in era a while back, you'll enjoy discussing his two movies more, he was fated almost not to play it, when Pierce almost got it, and even he now was glad he didn't, looked too young, fate gave Dalton 2 Bond films, 2 is alot in other fanchises, hell one film counts, but as far as I'm concerned, his two films for me, are 2 of the best, and LTK is as close as flemming as we have gotten or likely will ever do, and naturally there's a hungre to see more, but its what we got, and glad we got 2 great Bond films from Dalton. The whole post LTK and Eon legal troubles, and a 3rd Dalton film, is kinda like hoping to bring back the dead, but you can't do it, and Tim like Pierce when he finishes, would have been Bond in a recorded segement of time.

#4 Raya

Raya

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 06:37 AM

Well, I am a great fan of Bond films, an ultimate freak I should say...and Tim Dalton is the best Bond ever to me! He is a great actor, but of course he has "matured" and as far as I am concerned, would not suit the "physical image" of Bond....of course if they create a story that fits to it...I mean...like Bond coming back, e.g. to train new agents...
It would be thrilling to see him in a Bond film anyway!!

Actually I have a strong feeling, that Mr Dalton would not (perhaps) be interested anymore...well who knows...
Anyway, he is making film (Looney tunes, or something...) this year...perhaps he will appear in an action movie some day...that is what I hope!

#5 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 09:44 AM

No

Too old

Been and gone

Got to play James Bond when everyone else didn't.

What's the problem?

#6 Byron

Byron

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 12:46 PM

Correct me if i am wrong but didn't Connery return in "Never Say Never Again" about 13 years after he left the official series.

So technically its not too late to get a third Dalton film.

However, the problem lies with Tim, he doesn't want to play Bond again. According to one version of events he was given the original Michael France script of Goldeneye and the option of playing 007 a third time.

He said no.

Shame as it would have been his best film. Parts of the Michael France
script are on another thread. Read it to realise it should have been Tim and not Pearce in Goldeneye.