This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

View Dalton's very Bondian LARK advert here!

8 replies to this topic

#1 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 04:54 PM

Yes, here's a site where you can watch all the TV commercials big American stars do in Japan, and among them is the VERY Bondian Timothy Dalton advert for LARK cigarettes. Truly one of Timmy's best Bond moments--too bad it was only a TV commercial. (Not sure the year this was made, but it looks post LTK.) There

#2 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 05:30 PM

I enjoyed that alot Zencat, seems post LTK to me as well.
Thanks alot, I tried to save it, don't think it lets you.

#3 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 09:05 PM

Take a look in your internet temporary files, mine were saved in there and are now on my hard drive. Is the Pierce ad for real? It looks like a joke. And as for Sir Sean dancing on the balcony; simple ideas are often the best. And oddest.
'Shtriking'

#4 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:07 AM

Originally posted by marktmurphy
Take a look in your internet temporary files, mine were saved in there and are now on my hard drive. Is the Pierce ad for real? It looks like a joke. And as for Sir Sean dancing on the balcony; simple ideas are often the best. And oddest.
'Shtriking'

Cheers Mark.

#5 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 02:21 AM

I think that advert shows a confident Bond, especially after 2 Bond films, after LTK I could imagine a more calmer yet still on the edge Bond. I guess apart of being a Dalton Bond fan, and I'm a fan of the others as well, is you know when a Bond actor should quit and when there's potential for more films, so that advert sort of is Timothy for a few moments in a 3rd Bond film for me.:)

#6 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 06:10 AM

And after that warning on the back of LTK? Tsk Tsk...

#7 Byron

Byron

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1377 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:03 PM

I immensely enjoyed this ad. As SeanValen said, its a glimpse into
a third TD film, almost like a scene out of the proposed "Property of a lady" script.

Tims' confidence and cool does show as 007 has returned to the secret service after the events in LTK.

#8 Raya

Raya

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:10 PM

Most amusing :) ! Mr Dalton is known to be a chain smoker himself, unfortunately...but it seems that he has had tongue in cheek while doing this spot...He is great!!!! =)

#9 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 04:33 PM

Originally posted by SeanValen00V
I think that advert shows a confident Bond, especially after 2 Bond films, after LTK I could imagine a more calmer yet still on the edge Bond. I guess apart of being a Dalton Bond fan, and I'm a fan of the others as well, is you know when a Bond actor should quit and when there's potential for more films, so that advert sort of is Timothy for a few moments in a 3rd Bond film for me.:)

Yes, I felt exactly the same was when I saw this, SeanValen.