12 replies to this topic

#1 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 11:23 PM

This was a treat for all Bond fans, shown here on BBC 1 6:10pm in UK, ashame if international Bond fans don't get to see it somehow. Great intereviews with all Bonds, Connery's was recorded. Timothy spoke about the direction of his Bond, and that everyone has a opinion of what Bond should be, and there wasn't a total agreement with the approach he took, very interesting, and talked about his 2 films being like building blocks for the series. And asked whether he missed the role, he's not one to dwell on things, replied Bond was apart of my life, and is, thus its not missed, because it's apart of the man! Excellent, great show, just really liked it.

#2 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 11:51 PM

I watched it also Sean, and it was a good show. Slightly dissappointing speeches (Maryam d'Abo's didn't generate the laughs she intended) and Rosamund Pike couldn't string very many words together:o. I thought the programme shows that Dalton is a really nice guy, polite, a gentleman, and a really nice guy, and as he put it: ''Bond is a part of me, in my heart!''.:)

#3 Melango

Melango

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 12:55 AM

Yeah I was impressed with it all, Tim Dalton and Roger Moore both came across really well in their sections. I did think that Sean Connery's little filmed section was quite pointless though, and they had to add comments from other actors to pad the time out in it.
It was nice to see Shirley Bassey still has what it takes though.

#4 Dmitri Mishkin

Dmitri Mishkin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 12:59 AM

Sadly, for those of us in Canada, we weren't treated to this feature :)

Those of you who saw it, what was Sean Connery's contribution? Was there anything of interest in his comments?

#5 Melango

Melango

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 01:09 AM

I can barely remember what he said now. He didnt say much as I recall, and then they put Rober Carlisle talking about how great he was in there as well. And someone else, but my memory is fading.
Somone else had better have a try at remembering, this is dreadful, I only watched it a few hours ago and Ive forgotten. :)

#6 Dmitri Mishkin

Dmitri Mishkin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 01:14 AM

If you've forgotten already, perhaps that doesn't say much of Sean Connery's comments ? :)

#7 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 09:47 PM

Connery paid huge respect to Terrance Young, he pretty much has talked about it before, but I think he's right, Terrance Young made Connery put all expensive clothes on, take that gamble, and it was a big contribution to the look of Bond, so we have Cubby and are Michael G Wilsons, Young the director as Connery talked about,very important to the series with what he and Connery put on screen.

Also Dalton talked about Connery as a influence, especially From Russia With Love, in the spirit of flemming he wanted to continue, and even Pierce, and everyone, saying Connery casted a huge shadow for the rest, alot of respect between comments.

John Cleese was funny!
Christopher Lee was there, excellent.

#8 marktmurphy

marktmurphy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 01:08 PM

Connery's bits were ripped out of a BBC interview he did a couple of years ago ('Scene by Scene' I think) and Dalton came across as a humourless a'rse. George was oddly defensive and Pierce made no sense as per usual (whilst posing). Roger was the only entertaining one (after walking down a staircase to make his entrance he said 'I usually have a stuntman to do that sort of thing for me'). Same old clips and Shirley Bloody Bassey.
Nice set though, and the orchestra were good (they even played DAD).

#9 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 05:53 PM

How was their version of DAD? Nice without the techno and dropouts? or was there techno?

#10 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 07:48 PM

Originally posted by General Koskov
How was their version of DAD?  Nice without the techno and dropouts? or was there techno?

Didn't notice too much, but seemed like the same version used in the Ice Palace, sounded good.

#11 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 07:53 PM

Originally posted by marktmurphy
Connery's bits were ripped out of a BBC interview he did a couple of years ago ('Scene by Scene' I think) and Dalton came across as a humourless a'rse. George was oddly defensive and Pierce made no sense as per usual (whilst posing). Roger was the only entertaining one (after walking down a staircase to make his entrance he said 'I usually have a stuntman to do that sort of thing for me'). Same old clips and Shirley Bloody Bassey.
Nice set though, and the orchestra were good (they even played DAD).

Roger always been a joker, so u saw that in his Bond.
Timothy came off very passionate about Bond, its in my heart and all that, why waste time telling more some jokes, when we have a rare opportunity for him to answer questions, and he gave some great ones.

Pierce as well, passionate about Bond, going over the steps Goldeneye made, it was very much a tribute to Bond, not a stand up routine, and was a great show. John Cleese was funny, there's your comedy.

#12 Mourning Becomes Electra

Mourning Becomes Electra

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 30 December 2002 - 08:02 PM

From the excellent 007 Bond Supplement
http://www.bondsupp.freeserve.co.uk/

A photo of the 4 Bonds around Interviewer Parkinson

http://www.bondsupp..../yr02p/dec7.jpg

#13 SeanValen00V