Jackie Chan in Man With The Golden Gun?

3 replies to this topic

#1 howdyadam

howdyadam

Cadet

• Crew
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 03:30 AM

I was just sitting here bored watching man with golden gun on tnn and it appeared to be jackie chan who was beat up and thrown into the river after bond escapes from the martial arts fight. can anyone confirm or unconfirm this?

#2 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 28 December 2002 - 05:52 PM

I've just checked over at the unofficial Jackie Chan website, www.jackiechan.com, one of the best resources for JC info. I looked under his filmography as a stuntman, and it has no mention of him appearing in The Man with the Golden Gun. Its more than likely just another stunt artist who looks similar.

Also, Jackie Chan has often revealed his refusual to work on the Bond series because of its reliance on stunt performers over actors whom do their own stunts (by Hong Kong standards, not Western standards). He still to this day keeps this thought despite Michelle Yeoh, who is one of his close friends, starring as Wai Lin in Tomorrow Never Dies.

#3 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 12 January 2003 - 01:26 AM

But if Chan worked on a Bond film, e would do his own stunts, so...what's the big deal?

Is he morally opposed to those who cannot run up walls, then kick ten people in the head?

Anyway, the Roger Moore era of stuntmen for everything is over; and CGI takes stuntmen's place, unfortunately.

#4 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 05:38 AM

well I know that Jackie was a huge stuntman in that era.. before he really started making movies.. In that era he did a few Bruce Lee movies!!

He did Fist of Fury & Chinese Connection

so it wouldn't be out of the norm for Jackie to do a film in an asian country..:cool: