SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 09:28 PM

link:
http://us.imdb.com/Name?Bloom,+Orlando

Orlando Bloom. Should be just about the right age for the next Bond.
1977 he was born. So 23 now, yeah he'll be still a younger Bond by 2010 or 2009 when it likey comes out, or later if Bond producers decide for a break, he's young, whether he slots starting his 30s, and getting a headstart to make more movies would be cool for a change, Brosnan said he looked like a baby if he did living daylights, I wouldn't mind looking like a baby in my 30s, to look better in my 40s, but Bond is said to be in 30s as well, if the confidence and look is right as what Pierce said.

Yeah you've seen him in Two Towers, but someone told me he was in the extras of lord of the rings, fellowship of the ring dvd, and he looked totally different with black hair, add about 7 or 8 years when a new Bond might be needed or even later, he'll be looking like a good bond.

I didn't know all the actors in LOTR, did a search on IMDB, and yeah, this could really be Bond, although we won't know for ages,a segment on how his character moves in the rings trilogy, reminds me of how Cubby and Harry told Sean Connery to walk up and down when they were casting in Dr No, they loved the way he walked, like a cat. So Orlando with his character says:
"
On his character Legolas in the lord of the rings and the way Legolas moves: "Legolas doesn't speak a lot - he prefers to let his actions speak for him. Legolas' moves are smooth and elegant, like a cat. You know how cats can jump and land steadily on their paws? That's what I'm trying to do. There's a strength in that, but it's very balletic. It's also bloody hard to do without falling over!""

Certainly can handle the Bond connery type dance Very young, English, what a film trilogy to establish yourself in, lord of the rings, going to be well known for ages, definatly a good Bond choice in years to come, good actor, worked with Ridley Scott and Peter Jackson already, maybe he can lure Jackson to Bond in about 6 or 7 years

#2 solitaire

solitaire

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 07:32 AM

Orlando was born in 1977 which makes him 26,not 23. Anyway I think he would be a great choice to play Bond in a few years,he's a brit and most importantly to me,he's gorgeous. He indeed does look different with his natural short dark hair and brown eyes,but still a beautiful man. I think it will be really interesting to see how his career evolves in the next few years.

#3 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 01:35 PM

1977 makes him 26? wow, I was born in 1977 and I thought I was only 25....guess I'm 26....that's a head scratcher all right....

#4 solitaire

solitaire

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 29 December 2002 - 05:20 PM

Well,he'll be 26 on January 13th. I guess I jumped the gun by a few weeks:p