This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Hello Everyone, I would like to share my take on Bond 20...

1 reply to this topic

#1 licence_to_ill

licence_to_ill

Cadet

• Crew
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 July 2001 - 07:12 PM

First I would like to say that I have been surfing the net trying to find a good discussion board for James Bond. I hope to be able to lend my help and thoughts to this board.
This is 007's 20th adventure (20 WOW, 20 films and we still want more). I have heard numerous rumors about the cast, directors, location, cars, and plot. Here is what I feel the 20th installment will include.
Since it is the 40th anniversary of 007, why not honor his creator, Ian Flemming, by using his short story "The Property of A Lady," as a working title. I am sure the producers and director would gladly pay hommage to the father of 007. Constant rumors of the ice in determining the location will play a role in the film, but not enough to persuade the producers to make influence the film's title.
I also think that we will see a new face as the bond girl, (some unseen actress to the big screen who will knock the socks off of all the fans).
I also think that 007 will be driving a BMW but his Aston Martin will also make a guest appearance.
The tradgedy that struck Desmond, our favorite Q, will be replaced by his student John Cleese. (He will become the new quartermaster without missing a beat).
This is what is on my mind right now. Hopefully I can share my 007 knowledge and thoughts on a regular basis!

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 31 July 2001 - 01:51 AM

Welcome to these forums, I'm sure you'll be able to find places to discuss plent of things here :)

I think a lot of what you want will pretty much come true. Bar the title and the BMW. I'd say it definetly will be an Aston Martin and the title will be something new, though I'd love Property Of a Lady.