Suitably Bondish, methinks.

#2 Red Widow Dawn

Red Widow Dawn

Sub-Lieutenant

• Enlisting
  • Pip
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 06:38 PM

Give him 10 years. It did wonders for Brosnan.

#3 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 06:43 PM

He'll be 40 (according to the IMDB) in 2007, just about the earliest year we can expect a new Bond actor, if BOND 21 is going to be released in 2005. Not too young, surely?

#4 solitaire

solitaire

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 06:56 PM

Guy Pearce is a great choice,but why does he have to be 40? I think the next Bond should be in his 30's,and Guy certainly has the acting chops to pull off the character now.

#5 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 06:59 PM

Sure, but the point is that Brosnan has already signed to do BOND 21, which will be released (I assume) in 2004 or 2005. Add on another couple of years for preparing and filming BOND 22, and 2007 would seem to be the earliest time that Pearce will be able to step into the role.

Hmmm.... PIERCE Brosnan and Guy PEARCE, a most amusing coincidence, no?

#6 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 07:10 PM

i aint in no hurry to get rid of brosnan, let him do 21 and 22, why is everyone in such a damn hurry to push pierce out the door????????? some act as if we dont have a new bond by 22 its going to be the end of the world. relax guys if pierce does 22 the world wont end, and if he were to do 23 that would not be bad either

#7 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 07:17 PM

Actually, I'm with you 100%, BONDFINESSE 007. I'd love to see Brosnan continue as Bond for as long as possible, and I definitely don't want to "push pierce out the door". If I had my way, he'd still be playing 007 for a 50th anniversary movie in 2012.

That said, sooner or later he will be replaced, so there's no harm in even the most rabid Brosnan fans wondering who will come next.

I thought Guy Pearce looked the part in the photo I found on the IMDB, and started this thread.

I was just making the point that the year 2007/BOND 22 looks like the earliest time someone other than Brosnan will be seen onscreen as Bond.

But I never mentioned whether I felt Pierce Brosnan should make way for Guy Pearce or anyone else after BOND 21.

#8 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 07:31 PM

Originally posted by Loomis
Actually, I'm with you 100%, BONDFINESSE 007. I'd love to see Brosnan continue as Bond for as long as possible, and I definitely don't want to "push pierce out the door". If I had my way, he'd still be playing 007 for a 50th anniversary movie in 2012.

That said, sooner or later he will be replaced, so there's no harm in even the most rabid Brosnan fans wondering who will come next.

I thought Guy Pearce looked the part in the photo I found on the IMDB, and started this thread.

I was just making the point that the year 2007/BOND 22 looks like the earliest time someone other than Brosnan will be seen onscreen as Bond.

But I never mentioned whether I felt Pierce Brosnan should make way for Guy Pearce or anyone else after BOND 21.

well he does have the looks to be bond thats for sure, and of all the so called people i have seen so far i think he could work well as oo7

#9 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 01:46 PM

He would look perfect for the part if it weren't for the bizarre extended snout. I was watching Guy in The Time Machine a couple of months ago, and I couldn't get over how weird his face looks from certain angles. I think the man is one quarter baboon or something.

So my vote is Bond: No - Planet Of The Apes sequel: Yes.

#10 homerjbond

homerjbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 09:43 PM

He does have very pronounced cheekbones, which I find distracting. Plus, Aussies do not seem to do well in the Bond roles (j/k)!