9 replies to this topic

#1 jwheels

jwheels

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 01:41 AM

Kim Last's site has a link to an article that says Sean Connery would like to direct Bond 21. If this is true (and that is a big IF) then it would be the first time a former Bond directed a Bond movie.

I believe that Connery would direct a movie with the style that the origional movies had.

What do people think about this?

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 01:44 AM

I think it sounds like a far fetched rumor.

#3 john007

john007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 463 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 01:51 AM

the ever reliable PIERCEB on the mi6 forums said that there is no chance that connery would directt.

He also said that MGM has told EON to start pre-production in early 2003 for a jan 2004 filming start.

john007

#4 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 01:58 AM

Given Sir Sean's feeling towards the Broccoli family, I have a bad feeling about this if it came to be......

SC: Aw Bloody well cut! Cut! Cut! Cut!

PB: What was wrong with it?

SC: Terence Young would have mopped up the set with your ****! Do it again!...and move like you have a pair boy!

PB: Again?

SC: Yesh! C'mon "Mr. Shteel". Show me what you've got!

:)

#5 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 17 December 2002 - 02:12 AM

I think that would be great Connery directing a Bond, it would show he still has an interest in the series (or he might just be interested in the money) as Jwheels said he'd go for the style of the earlier ones, FRWL is his favourite.

I'll ask this again, cause I get the feeling you maybe didn't see the question the first time, are you Jwheels57 from Universal Exports?

I'll understand if you don't want to answer me.

#6 Xenobia

Xenobia

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9744 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 04:11 AM

I didn't even know that Sean belonged to the Director's union. Has he directed anything before? I am not kidding...I am serious. I really don't think a Bond film is a good place to make your start as a director UNLESS you have been involved in the technical end for years.

It would be fun to have Sean come back and play a villian, or perhaps come back as someone pretending to be Bond's father...but to direct, I think not.

Let's start this rumor...Vic Armstrong takes over and directs Bond 21. I think the almighty Vic is ready for it!

-- Xenobia

#7 jwheels

jwheels

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1021 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 07:40 AM

Dr. Tynan, I might have posted on Universal Exports, but it has been such a long time that i cannot say for sure

#8 daman3755

daman3755

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 293 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 02:35 PM

Originally posted by john007
the ever reliable PIERCEB on the mi6 forums said that there is no chance that connery would directt.  

He also said that MGM has told EON to start pre-production in early 2003 for a jan 2004 filming start.

john007

Whoa whoa now, wait a tick! I think many of us may have passed up this message. I recall how PIERCEB kept clearing up DAD rumors left and right over the production shoot earlier this year. January 2004 start for filming? HELLO! If this early rumor from PIERCEB is true, then it looks like the wait shan't be as long as last time around. Here's hoping.

And yes Xenobia, I agree with the choice of Vic Armstrong. Perhaps we ought to start a "Armstrong For Director" Club? :)

#9 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 03:56 PM

Originally posted by daman3755

Whoa whoa now, wait a tick!  I think many of us may have passed up this message.  I recall how PIERCEB kept clearing up DAD rumors left and right over the production shoot earlier this year.  January 2004 start for filming?  HELLO!  If this early rumor from PIERCEB is true, then it looks like the wait shan't be as long as last time around.  Here's hoping.

And yes Xenobia, I agree with the choice of Vic Armstrong.  Perhaps we ought to start a "Armstrong For Director" Club?  :)

Vic,is now Second Directer from The Jamesbond movie's.
But he can do direct one movie,but you must than search for a second directer.

#10 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 06:45 PM

THIS PIERCEB SEEMS A ANGEL SENT FROM BOND HEAVEN TO BOND FANS, Hope's he's right about Jan 2004 startdate.