8 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 11:50 AM

Hi, just wondering if anyone can remember the name of the magazine taht Bond reads on the plane to London? It has Graves on the front and I can't remember the name for the life of me.

#2 Roebuck

Roebuck

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1870 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 12:56 PM

High Life. Its the BA in-flight magazine. Their November issue was a Bond special with Toby on the cover as Graves.
Had an interview with him and a couple of nice articles on DAD locations and Bond's fashion sense.

#3 JBond007

JBond007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 01:19 PM

Yep, they avoided showing the whole cover, coz it would reveal the words "James Bond"!
I wonder if that mag is worth anything?
I've got a copy that I'm hanging onto.

I was thinking of throwing it away though.

It doesn't have the picture that Bond flicks through to though.

The cover is the same.

#4 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 05:25 PM

Yeah I wondered if it was highlife, cause I have that issue.

What I'm not sure about tho is the inside of the magazine. Wasn't there a picture of Graves with diamonds? I couldn't find that in the magazine. Maybe it was added in specially.

#5 JBond007

JBond007

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 10:59 AM

It was high life, coz in the mag itself it say's that Bond would read that issue in the movie.

There was a picture added specially for the movie, but it's not in the actual mag.

#6 MicroGlobe One

MicroGlobe One

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 06:47 AM

The article which Bond is reading in the film features a prominent photograph of Gustav Graves and bears the title "THE KING OF DIAMONDS." It seems the media assigned him an appropriate nickname.

#7 hope

hope

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:21 PM

The article which Bond is reading in the film features a prominent photograph of Gustav Graves and bears the title "THE KING OF DIAMONDS." It seems the media assigned him an appropriate nickname.

Does anyone know where I can see the article or if they have a copy could they scan it please, I'm curious to see it. Thanks.

#8 The Shark

The Shark

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4650 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:33 AM

Playboy.

#9 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:37 AM

Playboy.

Makes perfect sense when you consider the number of articles about Bond that august periodical has published over the last few decades. The articles being, of course, the main reason anyone would read it! :D