#1 Miss Frost

Miss Frost

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 09:27 AM

I've finally seen it!
I loved it! The cars were especially awesome, but I found the girls a bit lacking, and especially loved the Moneypenny bit! :) Definately worth seeing again and again, and I'd say worthy of being a 40th anniversary Bond film. I loved all thew references to the old movies, and I think John Cleese is doing well to fill in Desmind Llewellyn's shoes.
Well, if you're interested in hearing my capers relating to getting to see the movie, here they are, though they aren't particualarly interesting.

You see first of all I found out that a local radio station was giving away tickets to a premiere of it to be held last night. I listened to the horrid thing for 4 days and didn't win, so then last night I rang up and asked the cinema if I could buy tickets and they refused! I begged and grovelled for 15minutes or so but they still would'n t let me! So, dejected I sat around drowing my sorrows with a nice big dinner and watching television, which had heaps of Bond related advertisements which only served to make me crave Bond even more, so I watcher From Russia With Love and went to bed, but couldn't sleep because I was so excited! ~LoL~ (It doesn't get much more pathetic). The next morning I had plabns to see the first session but just before I left I got a call and had to go to work! I had to wait an extra 2 hours 40 minutes to see DAD! But it was all okay 'cos I anoyed my boss (a friend of the family) by telling her how long until I could see it. Updating her every five minutes! She was almost pushing me out the door by the time 12:40 rolled around. So then I get to the cinema, and the earlier session ran late and we had to que outside! :) Some rather large man tried to push in infront of me, no manners at all, certainly not a gentleman, but being rather short and I'd say a lot more agile, as soon as the tape was lifted me and my friend ran down the aisles, past the guy and to the front row, he sat directly behind complaining about his dodgy seat! :) Phew! Well that was it really, but I now I want to see it again and again and again!

#2 Melancholy Productions

Melancholy Productions

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 01:13 PM

Wrote a long winded review, but it didn't work when I tried to submit it! Arghhh! Anyway, glad to hear you liked it Miss Frost! I also enjoyed it thoroughly - 4 and 1/2 stars out of 5 for me, one of my favourite if not my favourite 007 film! Seeing it again Saturday night - can't wait!

Cheerio,
Chris.