Most corny Roger lines??

31 replies to this topic

#1 Macca

Macca

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 04:16 PM

Roger may or not be the best bond - but he's certainly done the most wise-cracks!! He's also the rudest and most suggestive!

I think a favourite moment of mine is when Roger is in bed with Kamal Khans woman sipping champagne.. (octopussy) She finishes her drink and remarks "I need a refill" Roger looks oddly shocked and exicited, but then goes "Oh.." when he realizes she actually HAS run out of champers!!!

There's one bit of AVTAK full of smut. "I'm an early riser myself", "I'm never happier than when I'm in the saddle".. etc..

Your favourite Roger gags?

#2 mccartney007

mccartney007

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3406 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 05:58 PM

You know, I can't think of a line from Roger that I would classify as "corny." Maybe I will think of one today?

There is are a few lines from Connery's era that make me cringe. Not because they are corny but because they are tacky or... "slutty" sounding to me. They all come from "Diamonds Are Forever" as a matter of fact.

The line "I'm afraid you've caught me with more than just my hands up." just makes me queasy. I absolutely hate it. It would be a great line if it weren't in a Bond film. We went from a James Bond that was classy and witty to a Bond that has a lockeroom mentality. I HATE THAT LINE!

There were a few other lines in DAF that I hated too, but I seem to have blocked them out of my mind.

#3 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 05:59 PM

He's the master!

Pierce Brosnan's Bond often uses innuendo but when he does you sometimes wonder if that was meant to have a double meaning. At least with Roger you KNOW!!

#4 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 09:46 PM

"A genuine Felix Lighter, how illuminating."

#5 MDSmith

MDSmith

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 177 posts

Posted 14 November 2001 - 01:42 AM

Most of Moore's lines are corny eh? Well I just don't like that about Roger's Bond, he's a cold blooded killer not a comedian.

#6 OO7Qbranch

OO7Qbranch

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 06:52 AM

Roger doesn't say this but it's a corny and funny line. In avtak when bond and that girl are in her hot tub and she says
"THE BUBBLES TICKLE MY............CHYKOVSKY

#7 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 05 February 2002 - 06:33 PM

Roger's absolutely worst line (and he bears full responsibility, because it was an on set ad lib) was the Barbara Woodhouse-esque "SIT!" to the tiger in Octopussy.
Sure it caused a laugh at the time, because it's completely out of character and incongruous, but it never should have been left in the film.

#8 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 06 February 2002 - 01:52 AM

White Persian (05 Feb, 2002 06:33 p.m.):
Roger's absolutely worst line (and he bears full responsibility, because it was an on set ad lib) was the Barbara Woodhouse-esque "SIT!" to the tiger in Octopussy.
Sure it caused a laugh at the time, because it's completely out of character and incongruous, but it never should have been left in the film.

What makes things worse is the "hiss off" to the snake so soon before/afterwards (I forget).

That whole chase sequence, starting with the Tarzan call and ending with "No Madam, I'm with the economy tour" truly registers 20 out of 10 on the cringe meter.

#9 flares

flares

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 06 February 2002 - 09:14 AM

Good Line: I've never killed a midget before, but there's always a first time. (TMWTTGG)

Great Line: When one is in Egypt, one should delve deeply into it's treasures. (TSWLM)

Truth is I love them all.

#10 brummie-bond

brummie-bond

Recruit

• Crew
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2001 - 09:47 AM

That was the whole point of Bond though, kill someone or boink a nice bit of totty and say some amusing line. It would be a bit boring if all he did was run around cold heartedly killing people.

#11 spacebabe

spacebabe

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 November 2001 - 10:20 AM

macca_bond (13 Nov, 2001 04:16 p.m.):

There's one bit of AVTAK full of smut. "I'm an early riser myself", "I'm never happier than when I'm in the saddle".. etc..

If we're talking about AVTAK, how can you leave out
"A little restless, but I got off eventually."

#12 Macca

Macca

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 November 2001 - 10:43 AM

LOL! Cheers spacebabe I knew there was an even smuttier one I'd missed!

There was another line in AVTAK when Bond is in a jacuzzi and he asks his female companion if she'd like it harder!!!

Unsubtle or what! I can't think of her name though!?

#13 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 15 November 2001 - 08:52 AM

macca_bond (13 Nov, 2001 04:48 p.m.):
I always like that scene with Bibi... and her subsequent try at snogging him!! "Don't you ever come up for air?"

This one always annoyed me. She'd only snogged him for about 2 seconds. Who can't hold their breath for two seconds??

But I did like the icecream line :)

#14 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 15 November 2001 - 10:39 AM

macca_bond (14 Nov, 2001 10:43 a.m.):
LOL! Cheers spacebabe I knew there was an even smuttier one I'd missed!

There was another line in AVTAK when Bond is in a jacuzzi and he asks his female companion if she'd like it harder!!!

Unsubtle or what! I can't think of her name though!?

It was either Pola Ivanova or Paula Ivanova. I can't remember for certain though.

#15 Macca

Macca

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 November 2001 - 12:20 PM

Just thought of another classic Roger line:-

"Having problems keeping it up Q?"

#16 Glenn

Glenn

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 November 2001 - 12:35 PM

I think the smuttiest line is the one most often missed. In Goldfinger Bond is in bed with Jill (or Tilly, the one who was painted gold) when Felix phones him. Bond's line: "Sorry Felix, something BIG has just come up."

Well, really Mr Bond!

#17 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 15 November 2001 - 01:44 PM

... except that that one would be in a thread entitled sean's corniest lines.....!

#18 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 24 November 2001 - 11:21 AM

In LALD, after Bond 'deflowers' Solitaire, he gets out of bed but she asks if there is time for one more.

"No sense in going off half-cocked", he quips.

Pretty racy for 1973, I thought.

#19 Friedrich Baxter

Friedrich Baxter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 November 2001 - 10:22 PM

The intro scene from Moonraker. I really liked what the girl said: "Any higher Mr Bond......my ears will POP!" It sounds very nice, a little bit (ahum) horny.

The most funny line, I think, is STILL from Never Say Never Again. Although there are many critics about this movie. A woman needs some urine from 007: "Can you fill this for me?" 007 to the girl: "From here?"

Roger Moore to Lois Chiles: "A woman !!!???"

Roger Moore to Q in Octopussy: "Can't you get it up straight?" (the large rope)

The horny 'Bezants'-talk in OHMSS

#20 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts
  • Location:Was on Saturn, now back in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Posted 06 January 2002 - 07:32 PM

I must admit, I like the Roger Moore lines. Mainly because they annoy some of the Bond-haters I know.

I also like "Having problems keeping it up Q?"

And I like "Stinging in the rain?"

#21 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 07 January 2002 - 11:56 PM

macca_bond (07 Jan, 2002 08:22 p.m.):
"All those feathers and he still can't fly" Not corny - just class.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. Absolute class. Always, without fail, raises a smile when viewed.

#22 Macca

Macca

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 January 2002 - 08:22 PM

"All those feathers and he still can't fly" Not corny - just class.

#23 Double-Oh-Zero

Double-Oh-Zero

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3167 posts

Posted 08 January 2002 - 01:01 AM

The one that he said to Andrea Anders in the shower was alright: "A water pistol?" Also, when he's having dinner with Goodnight, and the waitor hands him the champagne:"Fu-yuk?" That made him sound more like George Carlin than James Bond. :) The one that I don't like is "He just dropped in for a quick bite".

#24 Only Bond

Only Bond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 January 2002 - 05:39 PM

How about the one just before the end credit of THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN. M asks to speak to Goodnite and 007 replies....
"She's just coming now now, sir" or something to that effect.

#25 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts

Posted 09 January 2002 - 04:06 AM

I also like "So Speak or forever hold your piece" (From TMWTGG).

And (from TSWLM)

M: "Moneypenny, where's OO7?"

Moneypenny: "He's on a mission sir, in Austria."

M: "Well tell him to pull out!"

#26 Dr. Tynan

Dr. Tynan

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3456 posts

Posted 09 January 2002 - 04:15 AM

I apologise, probably the last bit of innuendo does not count as it is M who says it, not Bond (Moore).

#27 Adam

Adam

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 335 posts

Posted 21 January 2002 - 08:05 AM

My two favorite Roger lines:

1) FYEO-- "Well, how bout building a little more muscle tone by...putting on your clothes." I laughed for like 5 minutes the first time I heard that--b/c it's such a commentary on their age difference, and it's just witty.

2) OP-- "Toro? Sounds like a load of bull." Once again, hilarious b/c A) there was absolutely need for him to comment and :) the filmmakers are making fun of themselves b/c the series is essentially ridiculous

#28 JAWS

JAWS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 25 January 2002 - 12:53 AM

When Bond and Vijay are fleeing from Gobinda, Vijay drives up (or down) some steps and Bond says: "This should shake them off!" (or something to that effect)

Even though I am definietly a Moore fan, I CAN'T STAND THAT LINE. Just too corny, I guess.

#29 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 04:26 PM

Well, you've got me started now although the need to test the limits of the CB.net reading public will have to be shelved for some other time.

Roger Moore got away with some of the most unbelievable lines in movie history, especially when it came to dissmissing his women.

Golden Gun to Goodnight when she is upset she has not been shown the Bond way in favour of Anders; "Don't worry, your turn will come."

FYEO to Bibi in his hotel room; "You get dressed and (beat) i'll buy you an icecream."

I think it is his innocent delivery that always got me. Really class.

#30 Macca

Macca

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 04:48 PM

I agree Simon - Rogers arrogance to women is amazing at times. Never more so than his attempt at chatting up Dr Goodhead along the river in Venice!

I always like that scene with Bibi... and her subsequent try at snogging him!! "Don't you ever come up for air?"