Too touchy?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Double oh Ten

Double oh Ten

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 07:51 PM

This may be too touchy for a few years yet but i have a plot idea for a bond movie which would make a convincing story in this day and age:

A powerful group of Iranian terrorists are seizing oil depots in the Persian Gulf. A British agent is killed, and Bond is sent into investigate.

Bond discovers that the agent was never killed, he betrayed MI6 and joined the terrorist cell, bringing with him two nuclear torpedoes stolen from the royal navy, which they plan to threaten NATO with.

Chasing the terrorists brings him to a final showdown in the Iranian desert with the traitorous double oh agent, and to an explosive chase inside a collapsing oil station.

Ok, ok, it does need some refinements and a few plot tweaks, but it gives a good enough reason for a British agent to save the world.

What do you think?

#2 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 08:02 PM

Terrorist plots have become too risky after sept 11, imagine another bombing before the films release, leave a bad taste to watch it. James Cameron ditched the True Lies 2 project because of terrorism, Sept 11th, just left a bad taste, even if its trickled off, always the risk of another bad day, and I don't want to see a Bond film taking risks of those type of stories. Be hard not to take it serious for some.

Maybe Bond is not saving the world in the next one, mix it up, have the same fun but with less larger lives at risk.

#3 Rayliottaasbond

Rayliottaasbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 08:03 PM

EXCELLENT!

Have you ever considered screenwriting? that would be an awesome Bond film! I have just written my 1st screenplay and am now working on a deal. If you need any guidance (should you want to pursue it), drop us an e-mail and i'll help you out.

#4 Rayliottaasbond

Rayliottaasbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 08:06 PM

To be fair there's Sept 11 to consider as Sean said. Maybe if the villains were Mexican and the scene was set in the gulf of Mexico.

#5 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 09:47 PM

Originally posted by Rayliottaasbond
EXCELLENT!

Have you ever considered screenwriting? that would be an awesome Bond film! I have just written my 1st screenplay and am now working on a deal. If you need any guidance (should you want to pursue it), drop us an e-mail and i'll help you out.

Hmmmm.... I hope you're not advising our friend here to write a James Bond script in the hopes of submitting it to Eon, because we all know they will not accept any outside Bond material. That's just not how it works.

#6 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 09:53 PM

I don't know. It feels too basic of an action movie to be a Bond movie. And also, to bring another 00 agent in as a villain would be rather repetitve (that would be three MI6 agents turned bad in the last five films).

#7 philbowski

philbowski

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 09:57 PM

Ha, funny quote Rayliottaasbond, Under Siege 2? Anyway Double oh Ten
, I like the story, sounds good. My opinion.... go for it!

#8 Bryce (003)

Bryce (003)

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10110 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 10:05 PM

Zencat - Didn't this get discussed with Benson in Chicago last year? Something about putting Bond in the real world hot spots?

And yes, it's true. Eon's door is closed for submissions. Then again, given the track record thus far, I can understand why they continue to "keep it in the family".

Write a good non-Bond script and if it get's your name on the "it" list in Hollyweird, maybe Barbara & Michael will be giving you a call.

Just keep your Bond ideas tucked away like an Ace up your sleeve. I have two folders (each about as thick as a phone book) of ideas from the last 15 years. About 20% of them (or elements) have turned up in Bond or other action movies and a few are not possible post 9/11 - i.e. a cool foot chase/gun battle on the roof of the WTC was one idea which sadly, just ain't going to happen.

Once again at CBn - some Damn good ideas though;)

#9 Rayliottaasbond

Rayliottaasbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 10:16 PM

I wasn't suggesting to 0010 that i could get him into writing a bond script. I meant he had some good ideas. Ideas which he could make a screenplay out of. A screenplay which could possibly get the attention of Michael and Barbera. That's what i'm doing right now, with a script which is going to result in a film which will blow people away. If you would like me to e-mail you a sample, just ask. You won't regret it.

#10 Rayliottaasbond

Rayliottaasbond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 10:19 PM

Philboswski id'd correctly my quote. Well done!

#11 Double oh Ten

Double oh Ten

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 10:20 PM

send me the whole script if u dont mind, i like the idea of this blow u away thing!!!!