3 replies to this topic

#1 General Orlov

General Orlov

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 09:41 PM

Hi there...

This is an idea I had while watchin DAD: How about am action sequence for Robinson?

I thought he looked pretty cool with a gun. He moves well and he has a very professional air about him. I'd love to see him in an action sequence! What do you think?

Best regards...

#2 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 02:51 PM

I would love to see that. I think that Colin Salmon is a great actor who has been very underused in the last three Bond films. If you haven't seen the film version of "Resident Evil", then I suggest you check it out - he plays the leader of the commando unit that's sent in. He doesn't really get any action scenes, but Salmon certainly does have a strong presence (and it's funny to hear him try to speak as an American). I'd definately like to see Robinson get thrown into an action scene. Give him something more to do than just being the "token black guy" of the Brosnan era.

#3 Robinson

Robinson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1445 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 11:57 PM

I'm flattered...LOL

It seems that the character's being given "more" to do in each Bond film he's been in- and with about the same amount of screen time in each one.

Not for nothing but EON now has several characters from Brosnan's films to create spinoffs. I'm not saying all should be films but books & comics would do well with the fans.

#4 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 11:25 PM

Originally posted by JackChase007
(and it's funny to hear him try to speak as an American).

I thought he did a good job of this in DAD.

And Charles Robinson comics are sure to be a hit just like the famous 'Smithers Adventures' about Q's assistant that we read in the '80s.