This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

What is everyone planning for the first time?

5 replies to this topic

#1 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 03:15 AM

I love hearing everyone's plans for this weekend. For all of us come Thursday its the big week of Bond.

For me..

Thursday : I want to see DAD with a big crowd. So we're having a little Bond fest - watching Dr. No, Moonraker and GoldenEye in preparation for the big event.

Friday : The big night, time to see it in a packed house with the people. The best screen at Fox Studio's in Sydney is reserved and waiting, those with tickets to the Bond fest the previous evening in attendance.

Saturday : Back to Fox Studios, this time to their La Premiere (its a French name, classy) section to really enjoy and get to know Die Another Day in a comfy chair with a nice red.

Sunday and beyond : I'll see the movie 007 times i imagine, but I may have a break till at least monday.

So the rest of you! I'd love to hear, fill it in.

#2 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:23 AM

Well, when I return to Oz I'll be seeing it at Gold Class probably sometime after the 18th.

#3 Melancholy Productions

Melancholy Productions

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 01:56 PM

On Thursday night, myself and 11 others are going to see DAD at Innaloo, quite a large cinema in Perth (a MEGAPLEX to be exact).

Earlier on in the day I'll have a few Bond fan friends over (only a small amount of the above number i.e. 2) to hang out and watch TWINE or any other Bond film of choice.

A question or two: At cinemas (Greater Union specifically), can you rock up earlier in the day to purchase tickets for a later session? i.e. would I be able to buy tickets in the morning for a night session?

And...

Is there any other efficient ways to pre-book tickets other than the net? Thanks!

Cheerio,
Chris.

#4 bondsgirl

bondsgirl

Cadet

• Crew
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 08:47 PM

Well as I was unable to win tickets to a premiere the local radio station has organised for tuesday night I will have to wait until Thursday.

I will definitely go and see it on thursday (by myself probably)

I will then go and see it again on Friday with my best friend who was away on thursday.

I will go and see it again and again. Especially as I found out yesterday that I won a double pass and the soundtrack.

#5 Miss Frost

Miss Frost

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 11:41 PM

Damn you Matt! You lucky bum! Oh well, I'll just have to see it at the local cinema several times with different people. Do you have any idea how irritating it is when all your pro-Bond friends live heaps far away and the ones closeby are like "Bond, who's that? Never heard of him."
Sacrelidge I tell you!

#6 mattbowyer

mattbowyer

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 01:07 AM

LOL. You know you're invited miss frost. And yes melancholy you can book the tickets on wednesday even i think, just go to the greater union website

www.greaterunion.com.au