4 replies to this topic

#1 Felix_Leiter

Felix_Leiter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 December 2002 - 05:42 PM

I think I might have posted this a long time ago, but here I go again. Set a James Bond film inbetween two existing ones. For example you could set one inbetween Goldeneye and TND or TWINE and DAD. My personal choice would be between LTK and GE. It would be interesting to see what bond what up to. Technically, I think this has already happened as the title sequence of GE takes place six or seven years, something like that, before the actual movie. That would place it approxiamately inbetween TLD and LTK. I am talking about a full fledged movie though that would begin where a previous bond had ended and end where the next one begins.

#2 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 07 December 2002 - 07:12 PM

Have one after You Only Live Twice, but before OHMSS, where the actor playing Bond keeps doing un-Bondian acts, and winking at the audience that this never happened to the other fella.

#3 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 01:23 PM

Great idea, really like it, but one problem is Bond has always moved with the times, to set a film in the past, would be going against what DAD and all Pierce movies have been doing, making it contempory, in this world as it is now, when Goldeneye came out, advertise its a new world with new enemies and you still depend on one man, so we need Bond in these times, that would be a critcism, also alot of fans and people can't let go of the 60s, 70s, 80s, and think Bond belongs in those times, to go in the past like that, it would be kinda admitting and speculating for some that there are not great stories to tell in the present. Bond always has moved with the times.

But what would work, is something like Goldeneye, pre-title sequence set in the past etc, or in the film, flashbacks to Bond's past, but we would have to accept that Brosnan as Bond ages like a robot to fit in Roger Moore's time, or Connerys, but between GE and LTK, it might work.

But once again Bond moves with the times, would be a big departure.

#4 Number Six

Number Six

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 12:37 AM

But James Bond was a 35 year old man in the 60s, and his character was very much defined by them. He was not a Superman who gets sent out to save the world, as he has been transformed into in his modern state, he was a tool that the British government used to stop the spread of Communism, and to keep the honor and safety of Britain. He had specific missions, not just, "Hey, we think there's this guy with a thing. Go kill him."

A period James Bond would put the man back in his element - The Cold War.

--Eric

#5 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 01:29 AM

Ok the hell with it, I'd like to see Smiert Spionam return, target James Bond, here this poster, although Dalton can't do it, Pierce must continue it!!

http://007art.free.f...tive/smiert.htm