12 replies to this topic

#1 Felix_Leiter

Felix_Leiter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 482 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 08:33 PM

The more I think of it, the more it saddens me that my favourite Bond actor, Timothy Dalton will never play Bond again. There are no if's or maybe's about it, his days as Bond have long been over. Still the irrational part of my brain won't cope with that. There is still this tiny bit of hope that says "Maybe, by some freak turn of events...". But alas this is just a pipe dream. Many of you have suggested Jason Isaacs, but as close as Jason Isaac looks to him, he's still not the Dalton! Now again, some of you might say "cherish the two films that Dalton did make", and I say I do, but that only makes me want more! This argument is truly futile though as there is nothing I can do. I really only needed a forum to vent my anger.

#2 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 04:41 PM

Well, Bondpurist would certainly be overjoyed by your post!:)

13 years of pining for Dalton is nothing, I'm still coming to terms with nearly 34 years of Lazenby withdrawal!:)

#3 Felix_Leiter

Felix_Leiter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 07:00 PM

I feel for you Loomis. That's a long time!

#4 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 07:03 PM

If only they'd remake DAF or TMWTGG with Lazenby.

#5 License To Kill

License To Kill

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 08:59 PM

I love Tim's movies because I loved laughing at them.

#6 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 02:54 AM

I like Dalton's Bond in TLD, but not in LTK. I wouldn't mind a few more Dalton movies, but I somehow fear that they would have been more LTK than TLD.

I really wish Lazenby had done DAF. It really suited him more than Connery, who looked out of place, out of shape, and bored the whole movie.

#7 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 03:18 AM

Why didn't they just bring back Lazenby for The Living Daylights and License To Kill? He would have saved them money on stuntment, because he would have done them all himself. On the other hand, he would have hit all of those guys for real and we'd back right back at square one. Oh, well....Lazenby before Dalton any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

#8 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 07 December 2002 - 05:37 PM

Hey, its always unfortunate when a Bond actor that you love leaves the role. You know it will never be the same again. And I am sure it is a little more upsetting when you have a guy like Dalton who never really got a chance to mold himself to his full potential in the role. But it happens to all of us.

I keep on thinking how I will feel in a few years when Brosnan leaves. Everything about that tenure to me was just so wonderfull. But that magic that I feel when I see Brosnan as Bond (or Dalton as Bond for you) can turn into a stronger passion for where and how you would voice your views for the future of the series.

#9 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 10:29 PM

If you have cable, you can always watch Dalton's newest films, because they seem to go straight there anyways, so you really don't have a lot to complain about. He's not dead. He's just not James Bond anymore, thank God.

#10 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 03:22 PM

yeah, i know how some of you feel, i have been missing roger moore for17years now.......but life goes on and pierce makes things so much easy with his performance. but i gotta tell ya avtak was my all time fav. bond movie

#11 kevrichardson

kevrichardson

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2156 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 04:20 PM

the sad thing is that Dalton would have made GOLDENEYE a better movie and would have made the revenage motive between Alec and Bond much more intense. it would have been his 3rd Bond film, and he would have true been Fleming' James Bond.

#12 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 11 December 2002 - 04:22 PM

I always dreamt of seeing Dalton at the beginning of GE in the gents toilets: "Beg your pardon.....forgot to knock!"[THUMP] :)

#13 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 12 December 2002 - 02:18 AM

Yeah, but Dalton's girly punches wouldn't have been nearly as effective as Brosnan smacking the **** {pun intended} out of the on the toilet. To be fair, Roger Moore wouldn't have been nearly as convincing in the fight with Mr. Jones in Dr. No. Connery knocked the guy silly, Moore would have had his stuntman do it for him.