Bond-ing at chrimbo

8 replies to this topic

#1 The Girl With The Golden Gun

The Girl With The Golden Gun

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Location:Deep inside my hollowed out volcano...in the South of England!

Posted 04 December 2002 - 08:50 AM

hey, what gives? like at easter there's usually a glut of 007 over the festive period (albeit things like octopussy and TSWLM) and yet this year, there seems to be NOTHING!!! what's the meaning of this....oh well, just as well i' getting the DVD boz set for xmas haha!!

ps. toby stephens is fit!!

#2 The Girl With The Golden Gun

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 08:46 PM

hmm ok now i feel really sheepish. although it's not official Bond, Never Say Never is on ITV this tuesday at 8pm.

#3 Carver

Carver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1470 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 09:47 PM

Well, Bond films on TV tend to come every few years, but when they do come, its usually a few films together. I imagine ITv are still recovering from showing us all of Roger Moore's films, Dalton's, and FRWL as well. This is slightly annoying, as Bond pulls in audiences, so you'd expect ITv to see some sense in that. Although, what I found funny the other night was Friday Night With Jonathon Ross. Roger Moore was a guest on there, and ''Wossy'' was talking about how Bond tends to come at Xmas. He said about what a great family entertainment it was, as he put it: ''he kills people, and shags his way around the world irresponsibly.'' Ah, that was great, and I loved the way Ross was obsesed with the halo from the Saint, Moore still has that charm he used to have when he was young:)

#4 The Girl With The Golden Gun

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 08:38 AM

yeah i saw that too. I only watched his show occasionally and was sad to learn that it was the last in the series :) it was certainly good to see "rog" again. Did you see him on the British comedy awards on saturday night?

#5 Brix Bond

Brix Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1503 posts

Posted 16 December 2002 - 11:52 AM

Hey...why not make your own your 007 Christmas? It would be better seeing as you could tailor it to your own preferences and if you have the DVDs well you can watch all the various documentaries if you haven't already done so.

Go on...get all your 007 Corgi Cars, the bow tie and plastic Walther and have yourself a very Merry Christmas.

#6 The Girl With The Golden Gun

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 08:12 PM

yes brix that idea had already occurred to me, but then i have family coming round, and plus i;m sure we don't all want to end up looking like Alan Partridge!! :)

#7 mrmoon

mrmoon

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 08:33 PM

Does Thunderball being shown on christmas day not count :) and Diamonds Are Forever on New Years Day.

#8 The Girl With The Golden Gun

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 09:31 AM

of course it counts! i must have overlooked them..well, at least it's Connery! did anyone else see him in "marnie" about 2 weeks ago on itv and think it really weird?! that was made in 1964 and so Hitchcock but some nice little references to GF in there :)

#9 igs007

igs007

Cadet

• Crew
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 11:32 PM

Considering DAD is out in cinema's now, and Bond is traditionally on over Christmas, ITV are doing a poor job this year with 007. Only two films on, 3 if you include NSNA which has been on last week.

Not that there's anything wrong with Thunderball or Diamonds are Forever, but I remember ITV making a better effort last year, and that was without a 007 film in the cinemas. Maybe they are expecting us to buy the videos and DVD's. Clever old MGM...