1 reply to this topic

#1 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 06:31 PM

I like his work, but now that's he done it, I can't see me being hungry for more remixes of 007 theme, I remember when I heard The Living Daylights, and Dalton's Bond going after the 00 killer, that music rocks, and its not Bond, yet Bond related to feeling of the whole Living Daylights film.

It was the 40th anniversary and all, so I can forgive, but the 00 theme needs a big rest for Bond 21, and just pop up in Bond moments, not too many, and have a whole new score that is related to the theme of the movie.

#2 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 07:12 PM

I see your point, but your example is flawed. When Bond goes after the 00 killer, Barry does use the Bond theme in that sequence.

I think TND is the best example where he had a distinct theme, Surrender is very apparent through out the whole film, it even pops up in the teaser.

Arnold's TWINE popped up a lot in TWINE too. The thing with DAD, is Arnold most likely didnt want to use the DAD theme in the film, which sounds plausible since he didnt have a hand in the song.

DAD does have a theme that runs through out the film though, but as its not that distinct.