3 replies to this topic

#1 Felix_Leiter

Felix_Leiter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 482 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 06:29 PM

How about his crazy idea. What about a Bond film strictly from the villians point of view? Instead of following Bond around we see the villian's madness grow and then follow him on his creation of his evil plan. The only time we see Bond in the film is when he is interacting with the villian. We find out what it is like to have James Bond on our tail, trying to destroy what we "The Evil Villain" has worked so hard for. I think this could be quite interesting.

#2 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 12:26 AM

I like the idea, but it's supposed to be about Bond. It would be the film equivalent of TSWLM.

We could have something like FRWL where Bond doesn't appear until a good half-hour into the film.

#3 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 01:45 AM

I like the idea, not just because we'd get a greater insight into the villian and his scheme and whatnot, but also because you get to see Bond from a different point of view, yeah, alot like the TSWLM novel. Infact, this would be a great idea for a future novel from Benson or whoever, those "experimental" installments are always interesting.

Ofcourse, as a film, it's really not something I could see them doing, at the moment anyway, not only because Bond has to furfill his job as guarenteed money earner for those concerend.

#4 Brix Bond

Brix Bond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1503 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 08:23 PM

It sounds like a dangerous idea...the audience go to see James Bond, not Mr. Megalomaniac. Perhaps the role of the villain should be a larger one in terms of screen time but to pull the emphasis away from Bond... :)

I think they should perhaps create a more consistent enemy whose character can be explored in greater depth. Is that good enough for you?

:)