The next Bond will be...

14 replies to this topic

#1 Damian Falco

Damian Falco

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 05:12 PM

In my opinion, the best choice for a new Bond is Clive Owen, he has the classic Bonds features besides he is a good actor (see Crupie), lets hope that the Broccoli family agree with me anf with others Owen fans.

#2 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 05:14 PM

Owen's one of the three actors I could accept as Bond; the other two being Hugh Jackman and Jason Isaacs.

I wanted Jackman to play Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt, but now I just found out that TOM CRUISE is playing him. Jeez, that's horrible casting. HORRIBLE. Stop the production of SAHARA now!!!

#3 Damian Falco

Damian Falco

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 05:48 PM

I think Jason Isaacs very efeminate,not him,please!

#4 M_Balje

M_Balje

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 03:34 PM

Originally posted by Damian Falco
In my opinion, the best choice for a new Bond is Clive Owen, he has the classic Bonds features besides he is a good actor (see Crupie), lets hope that the Broccoli family agree with me anf with others Owen fans.

Yes.
Reet my story in this thread.

http://forums.comman...=&threadid=7008

#5 homerjbond

homerjbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 08:54 PM

From a similar thread:

How about Christian Bale (who claims to be a Bond fan) or Colin Farrell?

#6 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 02:45 AM

Clive Owen looks as old as Brosnan does now, he's about 38 years old Owen, and be like 42 when Pierce's finishes if on his 5th, and not everyone ages the same the way Pierce has, Connery looked older in his 40s. Clive could play Bond now, but I don't know in 4 years, then another 4 years for 2 more films at least, be about 46, and I now were used to some actors looking youthful, but he looks a bit rough and ready now not sure of years down the line though, what roles has he impressed in? Bmw films are cool, with the greatest directors and 9 minutes of film, but he's no Bond.

Ben Chaplin is 5 years younger, and would be a better bet, great actor, and think he looks more Bond like, Owen seems to be popular with his BMW films, but Bond is a whole different role to pull off. Christian Bale also has youth on his side, plus another great actor, so I would place Bale and Chaplin over Owen.

#7 mickleodeoncmgn

mickleodeoncmgn

Cadet

• Crew
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 06:19 PM

Let's face it. Who is ever going to be as good as Pierce is now?

Answer - Nobody.

If we do need another Bond, let's get an unknown actor.

#8 shaolinfist

shaolinfist

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 07:37 PM

Brosnan is going to be hard to top and forget, but if i had my choice i would probably go with Christian Bale. He just has the Bond look and if he declines go for Hugh Jackman.

#9 White Tuxedo

White Tuxedo

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 07 December 2002 - 07:03 AM

Not everyone is a huge Brosnan fan. :) I like him, but still.

I really like Clive Owen a lot. I do agree about his aging though. I say give him some non-Bond spy thillers.

This Ben Chaplin guy looks like a Belushi to me. No fricken way could I see him as Bond. No fricken way on Earth.

Hugh Jackman isn't bad, but there is just something about him that bars me from seeing him as Bond. He just doesn't feel right at all to me.

#10 004

Cadet

• Crew
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 08:27 PM

I think Isaacs is just a little too old even now. Did anyone see the Tuxedo? He played the Bond character and, well... maybe if he was 10 years younger.

http://us.imdb.com/E...y=Isaacs, Jason
http://us.imdb.com/E...y=Isaacs, Jason

He does look a lot like Dalton, though.

I haven't even heard of Ben Chaplin until this thread. Checked pictures, they seemed alright. I need to see his acting first.

Ioan Gruffud could do it by the time Brosnan's done.

If Ewen were to be Bond, he would have to be ruthless, cold, and rough because he would seem to boyish still. Maybe give him some time.

Clive Owen could do it. Brosnan would have to leave soon though, time won't be too nice on him (and the hairline).

Christian Bale, hmmmm, not sure yet. It could go either way.

Hugh Jackman. I don't see him in the part, it doesn't fit well. Give him a spy role first, see how he does.

#11 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 18 December 2002 - 03:36 AM

the next James Bond....thats easy - Pierce Brosnan

Really I don't see this as an issue. Babs Broccoli is on record as saying that Pierce is EON's man for as long as he wants it and Brosnan says he is willing to do a fifth Bond movie and probably a sixth...

Can someone explain to me why people are constantly debating over the "next Bond" when there is no evidence there will be another 007. Maybe EON will wrap up the series when Brosnan retires from the role..

#12 Johnny Tower

Johnny Tower

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 53 posts

Posted 26 December 2002 - 03:55 PM

I'm still pulling for Crowe... Russell Crowe. John Glen seems to think so.

#13 MattCasey009

MattCasey009

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:39 AM

never say bond will end, this is impossible or unthinkable, same thing. that is just rediculous i cant believe this was said. and no we cant have pierce keep doing bond films hes going on 50, and we cant have another 55 year old sean connery who had a receding hairling, wrinkles galore and greying hair. lazenby should have stayed and gotten more comfortable with playing bond and i think he could have done better. not putting down connery though who is trulely the best bond. but a 55 year old sean connery and a 44 year old sean connery is completely different. anyway, pierce shouldnt do another bond after bond 21. for now i really dont see who else could play bond, but hugh jackman might be ok. no way could isaacs do it, he is far to old and is like dalton with no hair.

#14 Imperator

Imperator

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 01:55 AM

Let's wait. Brosnan will continue for Bond 21 and perhaps, Bond 22. I don't want a 56 years old Brosnan, but until the day he stops, there will be time to think about casting a new man for the role. There are many names, but now I just don't see anyone who can do it better than Brosnan.

#15 Glen Barrington

Glen Barrington

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 January 2003 - 01:40 AM

Originally posted by DLibrasnow
the next James Bond....thats easy - Pierce Brosnan

Really I don't see this as an issue. Babs Broccoli is on record as saying that Pierce is EON's man for as long as he wants it and Brosnan says he is willing to do a fifth Bond movie and probably a sixth...

Can someone explain to me why people are constantly debating over the "next Bond" when there is no evidence there will be another 007. Maybe EON will wrap up the series when Brosnan retires from the role..

This is an excellent point.

Much fun as it is to speculate (and that's ALL any of us can do here), DLibrasnow's comments are the "party line" at this time.

On the flip side, a LOT can happen with Pierce B. over the next few years. I can't imagine PB wanting to "go out" like RM did (too old visibly for the part). No matter HOW GOOD the dough may be (and I'm sure it IS good!).