7 replies to this topic

#1 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 12:42 AM

This report has appeared in the trade......Of course they are kidding and I think its a barrel of laughs :)

PETER GREENAWAY TO DIRECT NEXT JAMES BOND FILM
As the twentieth James Bond adventure "Die Another Day" continues to break box office records around the world, MGM and Eon Productions are already pressing ahead with plans for number 21. Already a director has been found, but not one that any Bondophiles could have predicted.

License to Bewilder
eter Greenaway, best known for beautiful but slow-moving and incomprehensible movies such as "The Draughtsman's Contract" and "The Pillow Book" considers himself to be a surprise choice. "It's not what I'm best known, for, but I'm sure I'll be able to make the violent but fast-moving and incomprehensible world of James Bond my own," he commented, while mysteriously stripping down to his pants and socks.

"art-house"
The new film, which has been provisionally titled "A Seven And Two Noughts", is likely to mark a significant departure from the previous movies, according to star Pierce Brosnan. "Bond has always had to move with the times in order to stand out from its imitators. Over the years we've featured action, sci-fi and even kung fu so the producers thought maybe it was time we went 'art-house'. I hear the money men think we're taking a big risk, but hey, that's what Bond is all about."

Early drafts of the script suggest it will take the form of a sumptuously photographed seven hour long chess game between 007 and Blofeld, interspersed with such typical Greenaway devices as enigmatic time lapse sequences, quotations from obscure literary epics, grotesque animal mutilation, tits and [censored]. Mr Brosnan was keen to point out that, despite the changes, Bond fans will not be disappointed: "Some people are concerned we might be tempted to cut out some of the hallmarks of the series like product placement or an over-hyped theme song. They needn't worry. Michael Nyman's already started working on the score and I'm told that fans will be able to buy all the zebras and dead swans we feature in the film."

"talentless hack"
However, self-appointed life President of the James Bond Fan Club of the Universe, Bruce Cork, told The Brains Trust. "This decision is a travesty. Greenaway is a talentless hack, with no understanding of the Bond ethos. The film will be a colossal insult to the immortal memory of Ian Fleming, and no amount of painterly cinematography, peculiar lists, and full frontal nudity will make up for that."

Producer Michael G Wilson defends the decision however, "The Bond formula can take a little bit of stretching," he commented, "in the last one, we stripped Bond of his license to kill. In this one, we're abandoning the pretitle sequence, M scene, Q scene, chases, gadgets, megalomaniac villains trying to take over the world, exotic locations, coherent storyline and explosions. But the essence of the formula remains."

"four years"
Rumours that the film, whose alternative title is "The Crook, The Spy, His Girl and Her Tits" will take Greenaway four years to prepare have been dismissed by the studio. A spokesperson told us "Mr Greenaway hopes to start production early time next year and plans to shoot the film entirely on location, up his own ****."

#2 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 02:42 AM

No offense, but isnt it obvious that the whole story is made up? I thought it was.

#3 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 02:44 AM

Don't worry, it's just satire. Quite funny though. "The Crook, The Spy, His Girl and Her Tits" nearly made me spew the (00)7up I was drinking all over the screen.

#4 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 03:08 AM

I thought I made it obvious in my message that I understood it was satire:

"This report has appeared in the trade......Of course they are kidding and I think its a barrel of laughs "

I guess the title of the thread threw people off.... :)

#5 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 03:44 AM

Originally posted by DLibrasnow
I thought I made it obvious in my message that I understood it was satire:

"This report has appeared in the trade......Of course they are kidding and I think its a barrel of laughs "

I guess the title of the thread threw people off.... :)

You're correct...I skimmed the post and missed the top and went with the title. Sorry about that.

#6 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 03:58 AM

Originally posted by PaulZ108

You're correct...I skimmed the post and missed the top and went with the title.  Sorry about that.

Hell, I didnt even skim the post, I just assumed you pasted the article. That goes to show I should read stuff before replying :)

#7 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 02:01 PM

Its all good.....I thought it was quite humorous....

#8 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 01:03 AM

Very, very funny.