#1 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 06:22 PM

Greetings everyone,

first of all I would like to say hello now that I've finally subscribed to this forum, instead of lurking somewhere in the distance sneakily reading posts. I've been a Bond fan for five or six years now, ever since I saw the first half of Goldfinger (with the titles taken out!) in a baly dubbed German version on tv. Since then I saw all of them, including NSNA, and now own TLD, GE and TWINE. DAD isn't out here yet, and I can't wait!

Secondly, I would like to introduce you to a story I am developing. It's sort of a script, but with only the 'best' lines, and without all that complicated margin and formatting stuff. It's not for Eon. It's for Bond fans.

Here are some keywords to get you interested: Internet. Suspension cables. France. Sauna. Cruise Ship. Doomsayers. Banks. Theft. Hong Kong. Explosions. Escapes. Martinis. Venice. Gala. Wicked, slightly over-the-top villain. Bond Girl: Iona Mann.

Of course, I'm still working on it, so any details might change, perhaps with the advice of the experts on this board. So far I have written the pre-title sequence. Please let me know if you want me to post it. It's rather long. If there is no interest I won't bother.

#2 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 08:10 PM

Hey, sounds like an Interesting project! So your working on a script treatment? By the looks of it, it's very promising so be sure to give us more info! :)

(BTW, are you Daryl Sunderland? A fan who sent in some of his work (titled Time Is The Enemy) to the fantastic artist Stephane Tron?)

http://007art.free.f...res/timeis1.htm

#3 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 12:12 AM

To start off by answering your question: no, I am not Daryl Sutherland, nor do I know him. Perhaps I should be feeling guilty for 'borrowing' his title, but I promise I know nothing of his script. I love Stephane's art, and liked the title of this particular poster. Then I started mulling over the tagline ("The End Is Over") and eventually came up with a (very broad and indistinct) outline for a plot involving a group called The Circle, who it seems want to bring about the end of the world. But they are being manipulated as well...

Anyway, I'm glad you like the idea. I'm now going to submit the pre-title sequence. If I do anything wrong, please tell me. I'm still new to this whole message board thing. Here goes...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gunbarrel. Bond. Blood. Familiarity. Then we open on a shot of the Swiss Alps. A restaurant/ski resort is there. A nervy man is looking out at the mountains, waiting for someone. As we will later learn, he is Philippe Lautrec, an employee of the National Bank of France, high up on the corporate ladder. A suitcase is standing next to him.

Suddenly a woman appears next to him. Young, mysterious, her lithe frame covered in a mink cloak. Stylish sunglasses cover her eyes. This is Raven, techno-terrorist. We

#4 Joyce Carrington

Joyce Carrington

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4631 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 02:15 PM

Hey, that was pretty cool. The oneliners were quite nice. I'd like to read some more!!

#5 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 04:32 PM

good.

otherwise, one small comment:

i assume bond pulled the gun on lautrec in the lift itself, yet raven was able to see him do this ?

i would recommend that raven recognises bond ( a la zao in die another day. she recognised him, but feedback has only just told her that bond is 007 ) and tries to get to the lift, but the doors close before she can. then, she radios to her henchmen ... ?

otherwise good, very very good, i'll be keeping an eye out for more :)

and is it just me, or would asia argento ( yelena in xxx ) be cool as raven ?

#6 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 12:00 AM

Thanks Terminus. I'll go make it clearer right away.

Also, I haven't seen Die Another Die yet. It won't be out here for another week.:)

Nor have I seen xxx. I'm sort of boycotting it because of everybody constantly claiming it is 'the new Bond'. :mad:

Personally, I had several people in my mind when I created Raven: Winona Ryder (the celebrity thief) and Leonor Varela (from Blade II) were the main inspiration. The main idea is that she is young.

#7 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 12:20 AM

I like the cable car sequence! Very nice overall.

#8 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 02:34 AM

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Here's part 2:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Title Sequence is full of clocks, machinery, and the usual naked women prancing around sensually. We

#9 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 02:30 PM

You seem to be keeping up with the level you set in your first part. I must congratulate you, it's rather cool. I now have my favourite line so far: 'I love a woman with spirit' - that is a classic, if it was in a movie, we would be walking around saying it for weeks.

For a villain's name, it depends where he's from, but ...

Angus Harmsway ? ( the original surname for Carver in TND )
Karloff Vlastoff ? ( he'd be Swiss, more of a comic sidekick name tho' )
Malcolm Carruthers ? ( a refined englishman )
Sir Edmund Neuday ? ( think on the name and you get a fun line : 'there's always a neuday ...". then again, perhaps not ).

I look forward to reading more :)

#10 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 09:29 PM

Thanks for those names. I particularly like Sir Edmund Neuday and Angus Harmsway, which also has some comic possibilities: "He got in harm's way" Bond quips after killing the villain. I always imagined Michael Wincott as the villain, although he isn't really a refined Englishman...

Before I got into the story proper, I thought I would introduce you all to the villain's plan I have so far. I thought it up yesterday, and undoubtedly there are lots of holes. Can you help me spot them?

Angus Harmsway (Michael Wincott) is rich and respectable. He runs EcoCorp, a food production giant with ties to several governments. Through genetically modified food, he has the possibility to "eliminate world hunger in a few years" as his billboards and tv ads proclaim. However, the scientific community is divided on the subject. A protest group from Greenpeace is blocking entrance to his gigantic greenhouses in the Australian Outback. The group is led by Iona Mann (any ideas?), a biochemist-turned-activist who fears EcoCorp's products might be lethal instead of life-saving.

And her fears are well-founded. Harmsway is not the benevolent businessman he appears to be. In fact, he has in his employ a group called The Circle, a cult of fanatics believing it is their duty to bring about Armaggedon (or something to that effect). Their leader, The Prophet (Lance Henriksen), has led them to believe that Harmsway will poison his GE food, with mass death and starvation as the result.

But Harmsway is only using The Circle as a private army. He has no intention to start the Apocalypse. He also has working for him two genial computer hackers (or techno-terrorists, as they prefer to be called). Raven (Leonor Varela) and Reaper (Liev Schreiber). Harmsway hired them to bring down the world economy by wiping databases through the internet (this is where it gets a little unrealistic). Then the nations of the world would have to depend on EcoCorp for their food supply. And Harmsway, gallant as ever, would step in to feed the needy and increase his power in world affairs. But to accomplish this they need code keys from all of the major banks in the world...

Which is where Bond gets involved. Phillipe Lautrec, employee of the Bank of France, is suspected of selling code keys to an unidentified entity. 007 is sent to shadow him...

#11 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 09:52 PM

Interesting. The computer plot is almost identical to my Twilight of Danger! In mine, the villain plans to pretty much cause global havoc with computers and then step in to save the day. There is a lot of hacking into banks and the like...

But that's okay. All's fair in fan fiction.

#12 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 12:23 AM

Oh dear...

And I stole your nick as well. Although originally it was from TND of course.

The 'hacking into banks' isn't a main part of the story. Bond only once encounters Raven working with the code keys. And that quickly develops into an action sequence.

By the way, I'm having real trouble thinking of an actress for Iona Mann, the main Bond girl. She has to be both tough and tender, be a native English speaker, and be somewhere between 25 and 40 years old.

#13 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 02:46 AM

Catherine Zeta Jones perhaps? My fav choice for a Bond girl.

#14 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 03:55 AM

Yes, I like Catherine Zeta Jones. The only problem I would have with her is that she is too..glamorous. Now normally that wouldn't be a problem, but Iona is a rough and ready kind of girl. She needs to look realistic shouting and waving signs reading "Down with EcoCorp" and such.

#15 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 03:57 AM

I'm a bit superstitious. That's why a post this immediately after the dreaded number 13. Now I have posted 14 times. Phew! Now I just need to avoid all those black cats...

#16 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 05 December 2002 - 01:06 PM

Rachel Weisz ( The Mummy/The Mummy Return : she played an archaeologist and was pretty capable at 'stage combat' ).

Yancy Butler ( Witchblade, Brooklyn South : perhaps a bit too much like an Angelina Jolie clone tho' )

I'd also like to recommend that Iona may have been an employee of EcoCorp ( perhaps this is why she is sure of the 'lethal' results ? ).

#17 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 12:14 AM

Yes, I like that idea.

What about this:

Iona came from a relatively poor background, and her parents didn't have the financial means to sent her to University to study Science, her passion. Then Harmsway came along, and seeing her excellent grades in High School, financed her studies. For him it was nothing more than a photo-op and another employee (she went to work for EcoCorp after graduating). However, Iona slowly started to suspect that the products EcoCorp put out were not safe at all. She tried to bring attention to this first from inside the company, and when she was ignored she left and fought EcoCorp from the outside. Though she has evidence of the potentially lethal nature of the food put out by EcoCorp, Iona does not believe that Harmsway himself might be involved. After all, wasn't he the man who helped her become a biochemist in the first place?

#18 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 02:42 PM

Sounds OK to me :)

And I was listening to the music files over at MI6.CO.UK and thought that the Straw version of TWINE would make a cool TITE song. I could even picture bits of the credit sequence in my head ...

#19 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 11:41 PM

The world is not enough
Tick Tock Tick Tock
The world is not enough
Tick Tock Tick Tock

Mmmm... I see your point...

Although, if there ever did appear a theme song for TITE, I would like it to include the title of the film.

#20 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 06 December 2002 - 11:56 PM

For a good demonstration of what I envision the title sequence of TITE to look like, see Nick of Time, a thriller with Johnny Depp and Christopher "Zorin" Walken. It starts really well, with the nuts and bolts of a clock that later turns into a gun. Just add women and a good title song and you have TITE's title sequence.

#21 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 07:30 AM

After careful consideration, I have decided on the cast of Time Is The Enemy. These are the actors I would like to be in it. Probably...

Pierce Brosnan - James Bond.
Although Dalton is my favorite, Brosnan seems to fit better in the story of Time Is The Enemy. Also, he's on the poster that Stephane Tron made and on which I based my story.

Jeremy Irons - Alistair Harmsway.
He's got the grace and the suave demeanor of a British gentleman, but can also be very smoothly sinister, like Christopher Lee or Anthony Hopkins.

Rachel Weisz - Iona Mann.
Thanks to Terminus. I'm convinced.

Michael Wincott - The Prophet.
That voice... Wincott has plenty of experience with playing bad guys. He's too young to be a great, behind-the-scenes villain, but can be a fantastic henchman. And did I mention that voice?

Leonor Varela - Raven.
Known mainly from Blade II. I haven't actually seen the film, but Leonor looks great in leather.

Liev Schreiber - Reaper.
See Sphere to see why. Liev can play the computer nerd with a little more neurosis and a little less hyperactivity than Alan Cumming did.

Brian Thompson - Mr Crush.
I'm not sure whether I'm going to use this character or not, but if I do, Brian Thompson will be perfect to play this Jaws-like enforcer.

That's it for the moment. Next up: action sequences.

And if anyone wants to do art based on my ideas: please do!

#22 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:07 PM

Here are the set pieces of Time Is The Enemy. Of course, some may be removed, some may be added, some may be changed.

=The pre-title sequence.

=A fight in the Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank.

=An escape from a sinking ship, followed by a speedboat chase on the open seas.

=An attempted assassination that becomes a fight on a speeding train.

=A fight/chase that begins in a hospital, and then moves to the streets of Sydney, culminating on the replica of the Bounty.

=A siege on a giant bio-dome in the middle of the Australian Outback. Complete with soldiers crashing through the roof and descending into the jungle below on ropes.

=Bond attacking an airplane piloting a so-called Q-Jet. He eventually lands the jet on the wing of the airplane, enters the plane, releases hostages, and finally dukes it out with Harmsway in the final battle.

#23 belvedere

belvedere

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 December 2002 - 10:22 PM

So far, so good. But change the name of the villain - Elliot Carver from TND was originally named Elliot Harmsway. Also try to use new locales - Venice was featured in Moonraker as well as the book Death is Forever. Also it was in FRWL. How about Rome instead?

#24 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 04:21 AM

I'm aware that Harmsway was almost Carver's last name, but I like it so much that I'm going to use it. It's not as if this story is ever going to become a real Bond movie anyway. :)

I'm treating the books as 'outer-canon': not completely disregarded, but not given anyway near the same importance as the films. And yes, that includes the Fleming books!

Still, I might change the location from Venice to Hong Kong (I know, he has been there before). That might be better, in fact, because Bond has to end up in Hong Kong anyway.

Rome is unlikely to feature. I haven't been there before, and I don't know of an architecturally impressive bank that Bond could visit there. Hong Kong, on the other hand, has the Hong Kong and Shangai Bank.

But you never know. I might change my mind later. Either way, thanks for the comments.

#25 terminus

terminus

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 01:17 PM

I hope you don't mind, but back on the TITE song, this is how I imagined the lyrics ...

Verse 1:
I have only one piece of advice
Time is the enemy, it's colder than ice
A cold blooded vixen who will kill and destroy
Nobody lives forever, but tommorow never dies
She last forever, constant, unchanging
She will take her toll ...

Chorus:
Time, time is the enemy
Time, time is the enemy
Time is the fire in which we burn
Time, time is the enemy
Only ... time ... will kill ...

Verse 2:
Another time, another place
Time is the enemy, she's keeping pace
She's unescapable, deadly and cruel
The world is not enough, she's nobody's fool
She's been her since the world began
She will take her toll ...

Chorus x2

Time is the enemy
Time is the enemy
Time is the enemy ...
Time ... is the enemy ...

Opinions ? Pants, I know, but the first verse was in my head going round and round. For the music, think Live and Let Die meets A View To A Kill.
Perhaps they could get Garbage back ? Or perhaps Stereophonics ?

#26 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 01:58 PM

One word: ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

Ok, that's two words, but still...

Thank you very much. Now all we need is a rhytm.

#27 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 10 December 2002 - 02:19 PM

Actually, I've already got a rhythm in my head.

Time..Time Is The Enemy

It's very catchy.

I love the use of 'Only Time Wil Kill'. It could even be used as a tagline. Or how about this:

No Warning
No Mercy
No Time

No Substitutes

Especially considering the clones that have been hanging around (I'm looking at you, Vin Diesel) it would show everyone that there is still only one man for the job: 007!

#28 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 02:35 AM

Originally posted by SamuelKevlar
Rome is unlikely to feature.

I changed my mind. Bond will go to Rome instead of Venice, and Harmsway's charity ball will be held at the Coliseum.

#29 Double oh Ten

Double oh Ten

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 December 2002 - 09:47 PM

This Q Jet idea sounds good, may i throw in a few ideas about it?

First of all it should be invisible to radar, and should be similar to the Vanquish, as it can become invisible to the human eye, kinda like that 'Thing' from Max Steel.

How about making it a two man craft, so the he can rescue the girl, who has been taken prisoner aboard the plane?

Anyway, what do you think?

#30 SamuelKevlar

SamuelKevlar

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 15 December 2002 - 02:40 PM

Invisible to radar: Absolutely.
Invisible to humans: Maybe. I haven't seen DAD yet. Have to wait until Januari 2 to see if I like how they did it. Invisible car...I'm a little sceptical.

Iona will indeed be held captured on the plane. Bond saves her and kills Harmsway. However, the Q Jet gets destroyed, and the last shot of the film is Bond and Iona floating to Earth, strapped together to the same parachute:

Bond kisses Iona.

Iona: James, I'm all strapped in.
Bond: For what I'm planning, you won't need your hands..

And we go to a wide shot of the parachute. Iona can still be heard moaning the classic: "Oh James!"

Then the Bond theme starts up and the text announces that: James Bond Will Return