7 replies to this topic

#1 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 12:48 AM

Three cheers to TNN for running the Bond films unedited.

I haven't seen all of the films they have aired over the past few days (family holiday obligation and travelling kept me away) but on the ones I have one can't help but notice the THUNDERBALL UNCUT or such in the black bar under film. (Someone please tell me if any of the films ran without the word uncut under it.) I will miss Bond being aired on a major network, but after a year of butchery and computer genratated undegarments under ABC's watch, TNN's reign as the keeper of the largest collection of Bond films promises to be a great one.

#2 License To Kill

License To Kill

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1556 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 02:25 AM

Well, all of them have said UNCUT. My question is... what has been cut?
They said the exact same thing for the Godfather I and II when it was aired. I can see cutting some of that, but Bond? The only one that might be cut is LTK, at the most! Right now, I'm watching Octopussy (9:30 EST) I love this marathon. Thanksgiving with Bond, perfecttttttttt!

~LTK~

#3 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 10:44 PM

True, but TNN doesn't own the rights to show Licence to Kill.

#4 rafterman

rafterman

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1963 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 11:37 PM

they showed everything in order from Dr. No to Octopussy and even NSNA, today I think they're also showing TLD....all "uncut" and boy is it cool, very happy they got the rights, they even showed OHMSS last thursday before DAD opened, one of the hosted by Berry and Brosnan films...

#5 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 01:15 AM

I love the way TNN has handled it. Very cool marketing/between commercial visuals, no censoring, widescreen title sequences...my only complaint is NSNA being treated as an equal with the rest of the series.

#6 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 01 December 2002 - 11:08 PM

Well...not quite uncut.

The TSWLM titles were butchered. The part where Bond is running and the woman is holding his hand (which is repeated several times) is slowed down and cut short before they reach the other side of the screen and her breasts become visible. The woman in the center of the screen (in a Russian hat I think) after that was heavily blurred.

There goes my respect for them. If you're going to call it uncut, then don't touch the damn thing!

#7 newest007

newest007

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 12:34 PM

Yes, Uncut should mean what it says but it never does. I got so tired of the editing I went out and bought all the tapes (which are really cheap now that DVD's are the preferred medium).

#8 Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 293 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 04:27 PM

There was also a slight zoom-in when Bond strangles Marie in the pre-credits to Diamonds are Forever. Someone at TNN has a bizarre understanding of the term "uncut". Probably the serm person who thinks it's a good idea to have a black bar at the bottom of the screen the whole time.

Neil