This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Does anyone know if Licence to Kill has been fixed in the new region 1 box set.

7 replies to this topic

#1 5 BONDS

5 BONDS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 08:29 PM

Does anyone know if Licence to Kill has been fixed in the new region 1 box set.
As far as I know the ending where Pam and Bond speaks there is a sound sync problem. Has this been fixed and also could someone tell me if the opening mgm logo is 16'9 enhanced and also is the picture quality better because there was a lot of shimmering on the previous release.

LTK and Live and let Die were originally mastered by the pacific laser media company and all the others were done by the digital compression centre. Can someone find out if LTK has been remastered by the latter.
The way to find out is after the end credits.

Also on the subject of Bond has Tomorrow never dies's subtitle problem been fixed too in the new release.

The original burned in subtitles were missing sorely.

Thanks.

#2 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 09:59 PM

I'm also interested. LTK had a HORRIBLE transfer and there was a flickering white bar on the side for most of the movie. With them going for 9.99 at Circuit City, I'd be willing to buy another one if it looked any better.

I think the missing subtitles in TND were intentional. My DVD player displays them with its own text, but it looks horrible. What's strange is they left a couple of the original ones in there.

#3 TGO

TGO

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 05:22 AM

I bought the set, and indeed, the MGM logo is 16x9 inhanced. The sync problem is fixed. But, the transfer still looks horrible though.

#4 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 08:17 AM

Hmm...if I had my way, I'd fix it permanently

The transfer may well look horrible. That's because Licence to Kill is on there.

(This record doesn't change. Not even in the face of stiff (fnarr) competition from Dire Today, Gone Tomorrow or whatever the new film's called)

#5 5 BONDS

5 BONDS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 10:07 AM

TGO any chance of finding out if LTK has been compressed by the digital video compression centre.

Check the disc after the end credits, in this way we can tell if this master is from another print or not. If not the old company the laser pacific media centre must have retouched the sound sync problem.

Plus your TND are the subtitles now burned in all they they still using those silly dvd subtitles.

Thanks a bunch everyone.

#6 5 BONDS

5 BONDS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 02:06 PM

LTK needs a good remaster just like the others.

#7 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 09:02 AM

I thought LTK looked fine, and I got the original discs back when they were first released in the sets. I could be wrong, but I dont think every disc had an audio problem at the end, at least mine doesnt.

#8 5 BONDS

5 BONDS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 03:26 PM

If anyone knows I just need information if the new LTK release has been compressed by the Digital video compression centre.

The way of finding out is after the end credits and then an MGM logo and then gives us details on who compressed the dvd.

If it is the company mentioned above then this master should be better then the previous one.