18 replies to this topic

#1 WC

WC

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1415 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 07:40 PM

I've been thinking that if Roger Moore took over from Connery from the time of OHMSS, he might've made the film more of a classic. He showed us his serious, tortured side in the dark suspense thriller, "The Man Who Haunted Himself", in which, in some ways, he was more of a Flemingesque Bond than his portrayal of Bond in years to come. I always thought that Roger Moore could've played Bond in a similar way - perhaps he might've lent that side of himself to the role in OHMSS. Maybe he wouldn't have descended into slapstick humour as well, becoming merely a parody.

#2 Spectre001

Spectre001

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 03:30 AM

The risk is that he could have turned a great movie into a less great movie. I prefer Lazenby.

#3 Max Zorin007

Max Zorin007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 05:14 AM

I think it wouldve been horroible. too much action for moore and tooooo much love for one person

#4 TheBritishEnd

TheBritishEnd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 03:48 AM

I think they should've waited for the sets to be finished and allowed OHMSS to have been his swan song.

#5 ShakeNotStirred

ShakeNotStirred

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 December 2002 - 05:29 PM

I agree totally. Too much love for Moore and too much action. True, he would have been a heck of a lot younger and maybe a little more like Connery, Moore would have been 42 and maybe could have done better. But Lazenby did a good job and I am glad he did that one movie and wish he would have done more.

#6 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 07 December 2002 - 10:32 PM

The only thing that I would be dissapointed about is: if Moore took the lighthearted approach to OHMSS. He was good in TSWLM onwards, but if OHMSS was his LALD...

And I'd miss Lazenby, who is just as good as the other Bonds.

#7 ChandlerBing

ChandlerBing

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4010 posts

Posted 08 December 2002 - 10:45 PM

It would have been bloody awful. Lazenby made the movie alone just on his fight scenes. Moore just didn't cut it in that area. Lazenby and Connery really went at it in their fight scenes, which is why they're so good. Brosnan needs to do more fighting. Lose the Uzi and use your fists more. He's been good in what he' done so far.

#8 MattCasey009

MattCasey009

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 December 2002 - 08:02 PM

yes lazenby was in fact selected to play Bond in OHMSS due to his incredible ability to kick the absolute **** out of everything, i guess thats a good thing since hes aussie. lazenby really should have played out all of the movies he could have played in (3) but instead he didnt get along with producers and was very frustrated. i feel if the pressure scale was way down he could have been the 2nd best bond, behing sean of coarse. and as for you older bond fans, shame on you for putting so much pressure on lazenby just because he wasnt connery

#9 11 11

11 11

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 05:05 PM

I personally prefer Lazenby as Bond over Moore so I feel OHMSS would not have been as good with Moore.

#10 4 Ur Eyez Only

4 Ur Eyez Only

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1554 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 05:05 PM

I think Roger would have been the only actor out of the guys who did more then 1 film.. that would have done as good of a job as George..

Sean is to wooden

Pierce can't acted..and wouldn't know what to do because sean didn't do it first

Timothy would show to much anger

Roger can show every emotion the best! I think he would have done a perfect job!

#11 Sick Sense

Sick Sense

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 05:07 PM

ohmss is perfect the way it is now. kudos ohmss cast and crew

#12 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 19 June 2003 - 05:14 PM

I think Moore would have made a good 007 in OHMSS, but by the same token I don't think Lazenby was bad. I love the movie OHMSS and it definately ranks in my top 3 (along with TSWLM and FYEO).

#13 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 01:08 AM

if roger had been in it i would have loved the film

#14 Righty007

Righty007

Discharged.

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13051 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 01:13 AM

If Roger had been in OHMSS and then continue, I think we would have saw Bond mourn Tracy's death in DAF and seek revenge on Blofeld. My theory is if the same actor playeed Bond in both OHMSS and DAF we would have seen Bond react to Tracy's death in DAF insead of what Connery did.

#15 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 01:14 AM

yeah, what a let down in daf...no revenge or talk of revenge

#16 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 01:16 AM

i wish we could do a remake of that movie with pierce brosnan

#17 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 02:36 AM

Connery was terrible in DAF, we didn't get the feeling he was out for revenge at all.

#18 BONDFINESSE 007

BONDFINESSE 007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4515 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 02:52 AM

and i cant believe they just forgot that whole aspect of the film, revenge...they just did not even play that card, it was not right to cheat the fans out of what could have been great drama, and motivation for bond

#19 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 12:13 PM

Originally posted by BONDFINESSE 007
and i cant believe they just forgot that whole aspect of the film, revenge...they just did not even play that card, it was not right to cheat the fans out of what could have been great drama, and motivation for bond

I so completely agree with you Bondfinesse - DAF was an opportunity missed.