nightfire PC system requirements

3 replies to this topic

#1 fulgentius

fulgentius

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 69 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:41 PM

My system is kind of "old" as I "only" have a PIII 500, with 186M ram, and a 32M graphics card.

Now according to the official Nightfire requirements, this should be enough to run the game (not by much, but enough).

A short while ago I donwloaded the Nightfire demo (or was it beta ?) and tried to run it in the lowest resolution available; I also disabled all the fancy graphical effects in the option menu. According to the requirements, the game should have run OK in these conditions.

Simply put, it was unplayable: took forever to load, game kept freezing as soon as ennemies appeared on screen... Awful.

My question is: is the full version of the game more playable on a low end system ? Cause the game's minimal system requirements are still advertised as being a PII 450...

#2 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 10:44 PM

Demo's tend to have the same problem I've found - they've never run as great as the full game. However, I can't be sure for each persons PC, I just know that I have that problem with mine.

#3 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 01:49 AM

this game is a bit buggy. I have a P4 2.0 ghz, Geforce 3, and 768 SDRAM, and I still encounter gliches. Badly handled coding.

#4 Dolemite the Ma

Dolemite the Ma

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 01:54 AM

According to the Bottom of the NightFire (PC) Box the Recommended requirements are:

1.0 GHz or Faster Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon Processor
256 or more RAM
16X or fasrer CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive
1.4 GB Hard Disk Space
64 MB or Greater Supported Direct3D Capable Video Card
Direct X 8.1b (Included on the Game CD)

Dolemite