No replies to this topic

#1 Dolemite the Ma

Dolemite the Ma

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 08:32 PM

Is that there isn't a Multiplayer Manual.

All too often I see the following:

1) Teams are way unbalanced (by at least three players). No One knows how to check the teams or scores (tab button) and no one knows how to switch teams (Hit Esc in the game and select switch teams).

2) No one knows what all the power ups do.

I figured out two possibly three power ups and what they do.

The most obvious one is the vest which builds up your health, albeit very slowly.

The second one is the battery which gives you unlimited battery power for your q goggles.

The third one is a a shape of a rifle magazine taped to another one (its yellow) upside down. This one builds up your ammo of the guns you have very quickly.

I'm not sure what the death head is. A quad damage powerup?

3) N00bs to multiplayer in general don't know the difference between CTF and DM.

All too often I see people on my own team, in CTF, shooting me not knowing that the game has been switched to CTF. Also, there are too many people camping on the CTF maps (no, not defending the flag) by the flag they need to capture or camping the enemy spawn gathering up points.

4) Changing names.

I don't know how many times I've been asked this (and the other questions above) in games. I don't mind helping out those who want to learn but it seems that I'm spending more time on these questions than actually playing.

I think it would be greatley beneficial if EA/Gearbox would publish a Multiplayer manual for people who don't know what's up.

Dolemite