16 replies to this topic

#1 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 03:12 PM

okay, taking all the rumors we how now, and tieing them together.....

I see the title sequence have Bond and Jinx team up again and save the day somewhere in the US
David Arnold arrange the title song, not sure who would sing it.
next scen would have first the usual trouble that sparks bond's latest mission, followed by a classic bond/moneypenny/M scene
bond gets a lead and perhaps some where along the lines runs into Wai Lin, perhaps a lead in the far east, he gets info from her and departs for germany

in berlin he meets a charactor played by Verona Feldbusch (okay, so she porobubly won't be in it, but, who knows)

and the rest is classic bond

what do you think

one thing:

why do I have jinx, wai lin and Verona Feldbusch's charactor all in?

they are all famous from the area they come from, and there presence should further boost sales in the far east, US and germany

I thikn this could be a winning combonation, whadda you gusy say?

#2 RITZ

RITZ

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 03:17 PM

:)Not bad, but i don't think we'd want to go back to the whole "Berlin/Cold War stuff". Keep it up to date - if you know what i mean

PS:you're spelling's awful:p

#3 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 04:04 PM

I was just incorperating the rumor into it

http://www.commander...es/1750-1.shtml

it mentioned berlin as a possible location of bond 21, besides, germany is up to date with technology, we shouldn't throw anything out except for korea, cuba and iceland, since they were used last time

#4 Evil Doctor Cheese

Evil Doctor Cheese

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1019 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 05:10 PM

I think they need to go to Oz.

And I think that they CAN tone the action down.. however much Tamahori thinks there is no going back... there is. There needs to be less plot but more character deveopment.

Indiana Jones & Goldeneye are classic action films because of the characters and character development... Die Another Day failed on te character development... not the characters but their development. I really didn't give a toss about anyone but Bond by the end... which sounds like a good things but it isn't. You should be gald the villian is dead and not indifferent.

#5 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 05:25 PM

I didn't even care about Bond towards the end. Long before DAD ended, the character had been buried under a mountain of bad CGI, relentless crash-bang-wallop action and an apparent determination to turn the last third of the film into a LETHAL WEAPON-style buddy movie between Bond and Jinx.

#6 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 08:09 PM

Trust me, as a German, I have experience with Verona Feldbusch. Her acting is as bad as her pronounciation.
If she ever becomes a Bond girl, I'll shoot me.

#7 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 08:32 PM

Originally posted by gkgyver
Trust me, as a German, I have experience with Verona Feldbusch. Her acting is as bad as her pronounciation.
If she ever becomes a Bond girl, I'll shoot me.

If you say so, do you think that any german actresses could be a bond girl?

#8 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 08:40 PM

okay, on ny first post on this thread I took teh rumors and made them into 1 story, but this part is my opinion:

-villain: an older man, possibly a traitor
-bond girls: wai lin as a primary/secondary girl
-david arnold compose music and arrange theme song

I'll add more later

#9 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 05:03 AM

I'm hoping for a remake of the last half of DAD...but that's a little fanciful: after all, they never remade TMWTGG.

I want Bond to go to Canada or Australia. They screwed Quebec/Vermont out of FYEO and stuck in Spain, so I'd like this fixed.

My rough ideas are:

-villian working with Toronto mobster called Billy Ring (I know, GF rip-off, but he would be a good baddy with the lower-lip cut off) and the HQ would be in the CN tower.

-chase involving Bond in a cement truck, I think you can see what'll happen...

-a FSS-type plot involving NORAD

-perhaps Bond ought to break the PC shackles and have Saudi Arabia or Iraq or Israel as the bad guy's employer.

-George Bush can talk to a parrot at the end. (PARROT: Moron! Squawk! Moron!)

#10 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 05:40 PM

Originally posted by General Koskov
I'm hoping for a remake of the last half of DAD...but that's a little fanciful: after all, they never remade TMWTGG.

I want Bond to go to Canada or Australia.  They screwed Quebec/Vermont out of FYEO and stuck in Spain, so I'd like this fixed.

My rough ideas are:

-villian working with Toronto mobster called Billy Ring (I know, GF rip-off, but he would be a good baddy with the lower-lip cut off) and the HQ would be in the CN tower.

-chase involving Bond in a cement truck, I think you can see what'll happen...

-a FSS-type plot involving NORAD  

-perhaps Bond ought to break the PC shackles and have Saudi Arabia or Iraq or Israel as the bad guy's employer.

-George Bush can talk to a parrot at the end. (PARROT: Moron! Squawk! Moron!)

well, the first few Ideas were good Ideas, but the last 2........

#11 iceberg

iceberg

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 387 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 05:50 PM

I think Franka Potente is a German actress who'd make a good Bond girl. Hell, didn't she play one in "The Bourne Identity?" :)

#12 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 08:51 AM

OK, so a parrot would know more than to repeat anything Bush says, but I was just spitballing...

And what's wrong with Bond fighting Saddam Hussien? (Not literrally him of course.) Would that threaten the coveted 0.00002% Iraqi market that MGM can simply not give up? And don't forget the North Koreans just tortured Bond, so Eon's not being all nice to the totalitarian gov'ts. If they went that way, Bond would be in league with Al-Quaeda.

#13 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 08:53 AM

What if Bond fought a slave trader?

Please don't tell me MGM is afraid of offending slave traders...

#14 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 04:44 PM

Originally posted by General Koskov
OK, so a parrot would know more than to repeat anything Bush says, but I was just spitballing...

And what's wrong with Bond fighting Saddam Hussien? (Not literrally him of course.)  Would that threaten the coveted 0.00002% Iraqi market that MGM can simply not give up?  And don't forget the North Koreans just tortured Bond, so Eon's not being all nice to the totalitarian gov'ts.  If they went that way, Bond would be in league with Al-Quaeda.

well, I don't see the north koreans as bad guys in that movie, I mean, look what the americans did to those russian spies in the 50's, you see, imagine someone killed aa relative of yours, do you just say "get out of here, back to where you came." probubly not

but as for a middle eastern country being the bad guys, I say no, bond films shouldn't be fighting other countries, like in they did with the russians in films such as FRWL, TSWLM, mabey they could make e middle easterner an allie.......................

#15 Canada

Canada

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 05:03 PM

As much as I liked DAD, I still think the plot and weapon should have been going the other way...Up. Laser guides bombs are passe since the gulf war, smart bombs today use GPS! To me Icarus should have been a weapon to take out GPS satellites, rendering western forces and smart bombs useless, alas... perhaps for Bond 21? (not unlike FYEO plot, time to get Bond back down to earth), throw in the classic lines, and a few girls, and a car chase etc... yeah yeah I know, everything thinks they can write a Bond script.

#16 WhiteKnightBond

WhiteKnightBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 10:09 PM

I don't think they should bring Jinx back, her character was too rigid. Wai Lin maybe, but after two of the last three movies having some action in the orient they need to go somewhere else. Has Bond ever been to Australia? And hasn't it been a while since he ventured down to South America. Although I guess he went there in LTK, or was that Central America?

In any case, here's my ideas for Bond21:

David Arnold does the music and arranges the song with Mr. Black (sung by Elton John)

Cast-- James Bond-Pierce Brosnan

Plot Outline--

#17 WhiteKnightBond

WhiteKnightBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 10:13 PM

Make the villian a touch older than Bond this time around, a la Bloefeld. Heck, bring him back! Bloefeld has resurrected SPECTRE, or at least has started a new organization, like in Benson's novels. Speaking of that, a couple of those would make pretty good films...but they need to included a real Moneypenny scene, and instead of this vendetta stuff, just give Bond a mission and have him go figure it out.