5 replies to this topic

#1 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 06:12 AM

We haven't really seen one of those since Moonraker, although I suppose you could count the girls fighting the guards in Octopussy and the freedom fighters vs. the Russians in TLD. The armies up the body count and the level of mindless violence (boy, something about that statement as a positive seems downright disturbing) and they make the film a little larger by putting more people into the action (I guess that's what I was trying to say).

On a side note, who did the bad guys kill in DAD? We see Graves kill one person, and we hear of Zao killing a few people, but was there anyone else the villains actually got? They were pretty much concentrating on getting Bond- there were no allies, there was no one else in the way. Even the usual scheme was different, starting a battle rather than destroying a city. That's probably the main reason I didn't rate the villains of DAD too highly- not deadly enough.

So, now that that spiel is over, who wants to see a commando battle in Bond 21?

Dave

#2 ShockTroop22

ShockTroop22

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 04:12 PM

Personally, i'd love to see it. Bond in the trenches with a crack squad of Royal Marines. It would be great to see Bond in a proper war-zone, its not really happened (as intense as it should) before, and would be something new.

Of Course im not suggesting; "Saving Commander Bond" or anything like that, but a huge epic battle sequence would make for a great ending, it could happen over an underground complex, where Bond enters to give [insert currentley un-named megalomaniac] the glittery death, he/she truley deserves.

I'd love it. :)

#3 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 28 November 2002 - 09:09 PM

John Gardner loved making Bond into a marine, don't you think? Anyway, after seeing the marines showing off their skiing skills I wished that DAD had included them attacking the ice palace, thus saving us from the TLD-rip-off ending we have.

#4 00Kevin

00Kevin

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 05:37 PM

I agree with rubixcub, a huge battle royale has been needed for years, I think It would be great If they actually had one now, a classic element I've missed

#5 Harmsway

Harmsway

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13293 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 07:50 PM

I'm all for a commando battle. One huge seige on a villain's base would be terrific. DAD just cried out for commandos to come and attack Colonel Moon's headquarters in North Korea!

#6 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 29 November 2002 - 09:12 PM

As much as I love DAD as it is, it would have been incredible to have the final battle at the Ice Palace - either Grave's security force, or the N. Korean army vs. the Americans, S. Koreans, and/or the British. A battle at the Ice Palace would have been amazing.