Sean Connery as an archvillain?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Nap

Nap

Cadet

• Crew
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 01:37 AM

Perhaps it would be unthinkable to many die-hard Bond fans, but I think it would be outrageous to have Sean Connery star as the main nemesis in an upcoming Bond film. He's changed enough in his appearance to not make the audience constantly think he's just an "old Bond", and his magnetic charm and mannerisms would lend themselves to being one of the best villains ever!

What a nice twist that would be!

#2 IrishCrown

IrishCrown

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 01:58 AM

God, who would you root for? Brosnan against Connery? You mean I have to pick one? Seriously, that will never happen, because Connery already played a villain in a spy movie, and it didn't do very well {cough, Avengers}

#3 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 03:35 AM

Never, Bond (in this case, Brosnan) should always be the star of the films. To cast Connery as a villian would take all the attention away from Brosnan.

If you thought the fans were pissed when Halle was stealing the spotlight....

#4 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 05:10 AM

Definately. Not to mention, what are the chances that Connery would agree? He'd demand a bigger salary than Brosnan.

#5 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 01:23 AM

Wouldn't happened, best I could see, is a Connery cameo, that I could just about accept. Nothing lasts forever, Connery's impact was made with his films, to come back, and be a pretender of another character, audiences will still have his Bond on their minds, and not the villian character, shouldn't happen.

But I would like a secret agent spoof movie, with all the Bonds, playings agent characters, not Bond, but as a treat for fans, it would be a huge laugh, Bond film couldn't service two big Bond actors ,there's one Bond-one actors, a previous Bond actor is big a shadow, Bond must move with the times.

#6 boeserzwilling

boeserzwilling

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 09:00 PM

I'm 99% sure that it won't happen.

Connery is out of the official series since the shooting of YOLT in Japan. His return for DAF was just for the money. And even that argument won't work today.