42 replies to this topic

#31 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 01:46 AM

For Christ sake, don't build up false hope by saying its official press release in your opening post, lying to Bond fans is not a why to get a reply. I am hoping for a 2004 release, but don't joke around with fans if its not official, if it was a 2005 release, I would come back and be really mad, because this thread had feeling good about 2004, but its not official, don't lie again please.

#32 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 01:47 AM

Well it cant be true, and I am glad its not

First of all to say DAD did not have tough gritty aspects to it is a crock. It was the combination of all the various types of Bond films, and it is the biggest (and IMO the best) Bond yet. It was also huge on characterisation, and never had the silliness that went along with Moonraker. DAD was always tense, and quite enjoyable. It was the first time in the whole series that the extreme of 007's reality was combined with all most the extreme of 007's fantasy. And thus the epitomie of Bond films.

Bond 21 should follow the kind of Bond that TWINE perfected, and DAD followed. Those are my two favourite Bonds and the best direction for 007 to go in.

#33 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 01:51 AM

I would like to see Pierce's Bond go on a journey throughout the movie, good story telling, and Bond does not vanish with a partner and just do action, Pierce is a good Bond, producers should trust him and give him the room to lead the movie, and the action should centre itself around Pierce, like alot of Connery and Dalton films, the focus is Bond, and then everything else is the bonus, not the other way around, DAD's ending took away our Bond in the action, I was missing the Pierce moments in the pre-title sequence, we knew what was on his mind more when he was about to get shot, and his scenes with M, Bond thinking, and then action involved with character is the best action. I like DAD alot, but room for improvement for the 5th Pierce film

#34 Sir James

Sir James

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 02:09 AM

Oh and on a small side note about the gunfire, Bond only used a machine gun ONCE in DAD...

#35 Jinx's Bikini

Jinx's Bikini

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 08:31 PM

Octopussy is perhaps one of the worst films in the series - Bond 21 should stay as far away from it as possible! Surely it would make more sense to revert to the Goldeneye formula, because here we have a very successful and modern Bond film that is almost perfectly executed on screen (with a touch of FRWL perhaps?).

#36 WhiteKnightBond

WhiteKnightBond

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 02 December 2002 - 09:55 PM

I think that the big storyline like they had in DAD is what they need in Bond 21, but I think they need to scale back the CGI, because that's not what Bond is about, he's not XXX. He's much much better than XXX, and to degrade him with so much CGI is not a great idea. However, I will say that in watching DAD I had the most fun I've had with a Bond in a number of years...

#37 ShakeNotStirred

ShakeNotStirred

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 05:50 PM

It would be nice to see Bond star in a movie in 2007 but that would mean that there is gonna be another three year wait because they cant do the movies in 2004 2006 and 2007. Theres no way they can do three movies in four years. Brosnan wont do it and they wont be able to find the best Bond they can within that time. It would be best if they just do like 04, 06, 08 or sometin like that to keep it on the two year basis.

#38 Kingdom Come

Kingdom Come

Discharged

• Discharged
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3572 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 06:07 PM

If this report IS true - it's a big company trying to convince us that 'back to basics' / 'down to earth' is the proper way to go. What they really mean is simply, these 'down to earth' films are M U C H cheaper to produce. End of story.

#39 JimmyBond

JimmyBond

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10559 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 07:21 PM

Would'nt it make sense to want to produce a cheaper Bond film after the Juggernaut that DAD was? I mean, the cheaper the film is, the more money it makes in the long run.

#40 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 07:29 PM

Don't fret everyone, this press release was a hoax...

It was my understanding that Brosnan wants three year waits between his Bond outings these days, which would mean the next Bond should arrive in 2005. I am hoping for a Bond movie in 2007 though because I think "007 in 2007" is something Eon could not pass up...Its a shame it wouldn't be Brosnan's 7th movie...can you imagine #7 as 007 in 2007...

#41 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 07:36 PM

Although I love DAD to no end, a FRWL-type spy thriller would be very good.

#42 Loomis

Loomis

Commander CMG

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 08:37 PM

Joking apart, I imagine that work HAS already started on BOND 21.

It's useless to speculate now, and it'll be at least a year before any reliable news on casting, etc. comes in (before which time there will be any number of silly, unfounded rumours, and quite possibly one or two hoax scripts), but - assuming that BOND 21 will come out two years from now - I'd be very surprised if the Powers That Be aren't already starting to line up a director and other key personnel (after all, people's schedules tend to get filled way in advance). I very much doubt that a director has been signed, but I'm sure preliminary talks are already underway, and it seems likely that work will have already started on writing BOND 21.

As I say, useless to speculate, and it'll sure as heck be a long wait before we get any information worth a damn, but I'm sure we can rest assured that the machinery has lurched into motion again already.

#43 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 10:16 PM

Holy War of the Worlds Batman! Irish fooled you all!

Anyway: I think that DAD was almost a good balance between action and drama, the only problem is that they stuck the drama first and the action last, rather than mixing them together!

My opinion on the relation between CGI and the amount of action: the use of CGI indicates that there is more action than the DOP and director can handle, which is a bad thing.

But I enjoyed the parasurfing, go figure.