2 replies to this topic

#1 Dolemite the Ma

Dolemite the Ma

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 12:51 AM

Is anyone having the problems that I am having?

Level 2 after eluding the guards and now eluding the cameras. Is it me or are the AI guards retarded? IT seems that they never pass by and if you poke your head out you almost always get nabbed. I waited 30 minutes for the first guard to pass by before envoking the 'notarget' cheat from the console.

In the 4th level (at Drakes Japan Building) there are a couple of parts that seem to be bugs/items overlooked in testing.

The first is when you get out of the elevator and you have to avoid the lazer trip wires (the section where you use the infra-red Q Goggles to see the trip wires). Everything goes fine until you get to your first door. You can open the door but you can't close it. and after you pass the door, a guard will walk by, freak out and run right into the trip wire. THe same goes for envoking the 'notarget' cheat. The guard sees the open door freaks out and runs right for the nearest trip wire. Why can't we close the doors behind us?

Secondly, when coming down the staircase after a voice in the Stair well says something regarding the 11th floor and before you have to take out the 5 servers with explosives, there is a section where there is a craked door and a mine right behind it. This seems like the right way to go especially when all other paths are blocked. Long story short, this door does not open (I threw every type of gun and explosive at it) and when I envoked the NoCLip console command there were enemy obstacle after enemy obstacle behind this door that woudn't open. After starting off at the door that wouldn't open, the game proceeded from there. This lead me to beleive that someone skipped a test/debug in the final check before RTM. It's really sloppy work.

I beleive that the 4th Level (in regards to going up and down the building not the lobby or the car garage these work just fine) bugging fell through some cracks because the whole level just seems like it was just thrown together and quality control was thrown out the window.

Finally, the AI soldiers are just basically retarded. I don't have enough time to go into this but there are times that make me wonder what they really are supposed to do.

I've found some other dumb bugs and could complain about the problems with the choppy video (its a game issue IMO and not PC issue) but these are the major show stoppers.

Let me know if any of youz are experiencing these issues.

Dolemite

#2 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 02:05 AM

I just got the game for PC, but don't have time to try it yet...

#3 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 09:40 AM

Can't say I've had the problems :)