This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

Will Bond return to Amercia sometime, and feature more there?

16 replies to this topic

#1 SeanValen00V

SeanValen00V

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 06:52 PM

Apart from Miami and Las Vagas which stand out for me as US Bond moments in License to Kill, Goldfinger, Diamonds are Forever. It would be unigue to see him in modern day New York or LA to start off a Bond film or have it feature somewhere in it.

Something that starts off in a big US city, as a pre-title sequence, something to give Americans something to talk about etc, and as a fan, just would be fresh to see Bond there again in a interesting situation.

#2 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 07:37 PM

I think it's time for Pierce's Bond to travel to North America. I say America or Canada for BOND 21.

#3 RayBros007

RayBros007

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 200 posts
  • Location:Jacksonville FL! Home of SuperBowl Thirty-something...

Posted 25 November 2002 - 08:25 PM

I'd say NY and CA definately for Bond 21...

#4 IrishCrown

IrishCrown

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 08:54 PM

Bond goes to New York and walks by a big building with the Thomas Crown logo on it.

#5 jeff319

jeff319

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 November 2002 - 10:54 PM

Problem is, U.S. locations aren't exactly exotic. That's why Bond only shows up in Miami and Cali.

I think it would be cool for him to go to Canada, even though there's not much up there. Uncharted territory for Bond!

#6 Zero Zero

Zero Zero

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 11:16 AM

Originally posted by jeff319
Problem is, U.S. locations aren't exactly exotic. That's why Bond only shows up in Miami and Cali.

There are plenty of locations that have possibilities to be used, that are exotic.

How can you say that pleces like the Grand Canyon aren't exotic? This place is just crying out to be used in an upcoming film!

#7 homerjbond

homerjbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 03:07 PM

How about Texas? Ok, I'm a little bias, but think about it. Bond tracking an assasin through the grounds of the Alamo, or a river rafting chase on the Rio Grande...

I could dream...

#8 MrJango

MrJango

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 04:44 PM

i think bond has been to the US in 5 previous films, i think its time for him to return but i wouldnt kill myself if he didnt.

i would much rather send him off to somewhere he has never been before, like central/southern africa, southern south america or australia.

IMO, the best place for bond to go would be southern/central africa. such a scenario could also introduce the first black main villain since kananga, which i would really like to see.

#9 zencat

zencat

Commander GCMG

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 25814 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 05:35 PM

I'm with you MrJango, I'd love a central Africa story, but I'm a little concerned MI3 is going to be set there and scoop Eon (again!)

I'm all for Bond 21 being set in the US. We need a Pierce US adventure. I'm surprised that in 20 films Los Angeles/Hollywood has never been featured (just a stop over in DAF and MR).

#10 homerjbond

homerjbond

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1917 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 08:21 PM

If Tamahori comes back, you don't think he'll push for NZ locale shoot?

Also, remember back when where Pierce wanted it shot in his native Ireland?

#11 Adam

Adam

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 335 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 01:40 AM

If he comes to America, there are several options. First of all, I would like to see a Canadian theme. Vancouver, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, there are several places in Canada.

With the US, the obvious choice is Hawaii. Washington D.C. would be cool, but I'm sick of NY in movies, and I'm not sure if Texas would work on film (it works great in novels, but on film it might Americanize him too much). Baltimore/Annapolis would be awesome, but that's just me.

#12 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 01:42 AM

the thing about Canada is, it has a reputation for lumberjack landscapes. Not for Bond I'm afraid.

#13 Felix's lighter

Felix's lighter

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 04:10 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing Bond come to the U.S. if only ONCE the filmmakers would just set it there without everything and everybody screaming some kind of bad American stereotype (ignorant redneck sheriffs, tacky Vegas surroundings, jive-talkin' black gangs, west coast bimbos like Stacey Sutton; need I say more?).

#14 JackChase007

JackChase007

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3446 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 05:07 AM

How about Montauk, at the end of Long Island??? Beautiful beaches there...

#15 chronicliar

chronicliar

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 07:29 AM

America is not exotic though it is very big, diverse, and beautiful Bond should not come here! Also I want no American allies or girls till they make a character who has good dialouge and isn't a jerk or stupid.

#16 Icephoenix

Icephoenix

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3144 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 08:06 AM

I think America has featured a little to much in the Bond films, and there are still many locations Bond has yet to Visit. Bring on Tibet, Africa or Australia I say!

#17 rubixcub

rubixcub

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 27 November 2002 - 10:15 PM

As for American locations, how about the Colorado Rockies? I'd like this as a locale for a Bond film, maybe Aspen or surrounding areas, although to be honest I'm sick of all the cold locations and all the snow in the Brosnan Bonds (there's been snow in every single one). That's why I was so pleased with the Cuban scenes in DAD- bring on the warmer climates I say!

I'm with everyone else on sending Bond to Australia and Africa. How about Nepal? It's got all sorts of locations- the snow-capped Himalayas, the rainforests, ancient monasteries- lots of good locales for Bond.

Dave