What's the best cut of LTK available?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Hellomrbond

Hellomrbond

Cadet

• Crew
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 November 2002 - 08:47 PM

I have the US region 1 and the French region 2 DVD's of LTK and both are cut prints of the film. I have an old French VHS which I think is uncut. Does anyone know if there is an uncut print available on DVD and if so where I can get it???

#2 5 BONDS

5 BONDS

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 352 posts

Posted 24 November 2002 - 08:55 PM

I bought the total uncut Dutch version on vhs about 10 years ago but I am not too sure if mgm have released the same master to all countries.

This dutch version was the full japanese uncut version and includes felix's leg with the bloody stump bitten by shark and full explosion of the head.

Maybe the dutch dvd version is the same depending on how mgm choose to release the Bonds througout the countries.

I believe the uk version is the same as the American version with the ending out of sync when Pam says 'What are you waiting for get in'

The new version in America they have released has fixed this problem i've heard.

#3 Mr Fisher

Mr Fisher

Cadet

• Crew
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 December 2002 - 03:11 PM

I believe that the version which is currently availalble in the UK on DVD has less cuts than the VHS version previously available. I remember seeing an uncut GoldenEye and Licence to Kill in ITV in the UK last year.

The BBFC doesn't like headbutts (Star Wars II) but on my DVD of GoldenEye Xenia does really smack Natalia pretty hard. Also the demise of Milton Krest is longer on my DVD version along with the final confrontation between Bond and Sanchez in the flames.

There isn't really much to cut but I think that Licence To Kill does well depsite the higher certificate.