12 replies to this topic

#1 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 02 November 2001 - 01:34 PM

Sorry to break the hearts of all you ladies out, but everyones fifth favorite 007 George Lazenby is now engaged to former American Tennis star turned commentator Pam Shriver. For the benefit of those who think that age matters, she is 39 and Georgie boy is 62 (Jezz, only 62, he could still be playing Bond, ala Roger Moore).

Congrats George !!!

#2 Mister Asterix

Mister Asterix

Commodore RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 15519 posts

Posted 02 November 2001 - 08:27 PM

I hope its a formal wedding. George always looked good in a tux.

#3 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 02 November 2001 - 10:48 PM

Mister Asterix (02 Nov, 2001 08:27 p.m.):
I hope its a formal wedding. George always looked good in a tux.

His shirts always seemed a bit tight though.

#4 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 02 November 2001 - 10:50 PM

freemo (02 Nov, 2001 01:35 p.m.):
Sorry to break the hearts of all you ladies out, but everyones fifth favorite 007 George Lazenby is now engaged to former American Tennis star turned commentator Pam Shriver. For the benefit of those who think that age matters, she is 39 and Georgie boy is 62 (Jezz, only 62, he could still be playing Bond, ala Roger Moore).

Congrats George !!!

Fifth best James Bond? At least he beats David Niven and Barry Nelson!

#5 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 12:58 AM

Oh yeah, a bit of a generalisation, he does have his fans, petitioning for him to return as Bond, picketing outside Pimewood Studios in protest, 30 years its been going on. :)

#6 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 28 December 2001 - 11:10 AM

Always up to the minute with a breaking story, the Sydney "Daily Telegraph" has a picture of the happy couple in today's issue, along with some nasty snipes at George's acting.

#7 scaramanga

scaramanga

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 1089 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 01:34 AM

To be fair, he wasn't that bad in OHMSS.

#8 freemo

freemo

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPip
  • 2995 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 02:19 AM

No, you are right, he wasn't that bad, and OHMSS wasn't really the sort of film suitable for a 'first time' Bond. People always say "Connery in OHMSS would have been the best", maybe, quite possibly, but maybe its just as well that OHMSS was a one off for a one off Bond, I dunno, just rambling on here. :)

#9 Blue Eyes

Blue Eyes

Commander RNR

• Veterans Reserve
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9976 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 03:15 AM

You know what? I wouldn't want to see Connery in OHMSS. I just don't think he would have been right for it either. It's definetley a Brossie film. The 60's were wrong for the emotional James Bond.

#10 Rolex

Rolex

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 448 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 08:06 AM

Blue Eyes (03 Nov, 2001 03:15 a.m.):
You know what? I wouldn't want to see Connery in OHMSS. I just don't think he would have been right for it either. It's definetley a Brossie film. The 60's were wrong for the emotional James Bond.

Saw it again couple of nights ago, it's not that emotional. The film encapsulates everything about the 60's, fashion, women sexuality, rebellion etc. The cinematography is great, the fight scene in the Sea, stunning views of the Alps. The sound quality during locker room was superb. This film is unique to the bond series and George would have always been compared to this movie if he had continued in this role and I don’t think the series would have lasted because of it. It’s a film that ripens with age

#11 White Persian

White Persian

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 03 November 2001 - 09:41 AM

freemo (02 Nov, 2001 01:35 p.m.):
Sorry to break the hearts of all you ladies out, but everyones fifth favorite 007 George Lazenby is now engaged to former American Tennis star turned commentator Pam Shriver.

I just hope they don't opt for an outdoor wedding in Portugal, with lots of flowers on the car. It's bound to end in tears.
BTW, is Pam Shriver related to Mrs Arnie Scwartzneggar?

#12 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 03 November 2001 - 03:51 PM

White Persian (03 Nov, 2001 09:41 a.m.):
BTW, is Pam Shriver related to Mrs Arnie Scwartzneggar?

She is the frizzy-haired tennis player that used to partner (the mind boggles :)) Martina Never-rats-on-a-lover in Doubles.

#13 Blofeld's Cat

Blofeld's Cat

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 17542 posts
  • Location:A secret hollowed out volcano in Sydney (33.79294 South, 150.93805 East)

Posted 02 November 2001 - 01:53 PM

He certainly had all the time in the world to catch her.