This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

How do you beat the space mission? (Console)

5 replies to this topic

#1 SWZSSR4000

SWZSSR4000

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 November 2002 - 12:47 AM

I can't figure out how to beat the space mission for the NGC, the missiles keep destroying earth, can someone help? PLZ

#2 TheBritishEnd

TheBritishEnd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 November 2002 - 04:34 AM

-Memorize the firing pattern of the missiles. For multiple launches, don't worry about getting over to it in time, just zoom in with your laser's scope and shoot its coupling 3 times.

-Take out as many guards as you can after taking care of each missile. If not, it'll get pretty crowded.

-Most importantly, avoid the big laser at all costs! Use the jump/crouch buttons to fly straight up, then back down when you hear it coming near.

-After taking care of all the missiles, stay back from the station- a piece of debris will knock a hole in it and Drake will fly out. (Watch carefully- the first time I played it, I didn't realize he had come out and got killed!) Use your laser's scope- he'll be a dark figure firing rockets at you. (You'll be able to avoid the slow moving flames if you pay attention.)

Hope that helps!

#3 SWZSSR4000

SWZSSR4000

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 November 2002 - 11:56 AM

Thanks! I'll try

#4 SWZSSR4000

SWZSSR4000

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 November 2002 - 12:09 PM

It doesn't work, when and where are you supposed to shoot it?

#5 TheBritishEnd

TheBritishEnd

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 November 2002 - 04:48 PM

After a missile locks into place, the coupling on its side will be exposed.

Watch the missile's side for the little covering that slides open and is surrounded by a small circle of green lights. You'll know when you've hit it three times and destroyed it, because the circle of lights will turn red- as well as the launch diagram in the upper right of the screen. [Note: the diagram represents each of the 8 missiles, while the two red arrows represent opening airlocks (ie. guards coming out).]

You can spot it more easily by just standing in front of a missile first to get acquainted with the process.

#6 SWZSSR4000

SWZSSR4000

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 November 2002 - 01:31 AM

I beat it, Thank you!