3 replies to this topic

#1 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:46 AM

Didn't realize I could create one of these. 

Did not read more then a few lines of the leak and avoided the Spoiler threads.
Followed SF so closely it ruined it for me. Most my assumptions about the film were correct to, somewhat.
Blofeld and him being disfigured anyway, thought they might burn his hair off. Maybe in Bond 25. 

DEBRIEF: S K Y F A L L on S P E C T R E

GUN BARREL 
Were it should be althought it should have never left. I'm talking about you CR, QOS and SF, skid marks of the franchise if you ask me.

PRE TITLE SEQUENCE
I was a little board, I suppose they figured they would try one with a little more fun. I think it worked but could have been a little better IMO. Something was missing and all those poor bystanders weren't helping any. At least they did not have Bond hiding in a float.

TITLE SEQUENCE 
Great transition to the TS. I like the song, I think the best part is the course and the rest is a little un-interesting. The Octopus theme was a nice touch. - That's my little octopussy!

M's OFFICE
Another BS meeting about Bond breaking rules rather then going on missions he is going rouge. Why did they change the painting in the background I wonder??? Does MI6 have an interior decorator on their pay role?

Q's SCENE
 was wonderful IMO even his joke about bring back one piece, hilarious.
Cool watch though - I believe it's his 24th.

MONEYPENNY's SCENES 
Bond is to proud to carry a box home he treats Moneypenny as his servant, no respect. Maybe co-producer Craig would also like it if she fetched him his shoes.

BOND'S APARTMENT
 If this is Bond's apartment where are the golf clubs from DN and the espresso machine from LALD? Huh? I'm waiting for a Youtube video of Bond actually watching something goofy. Instead of M's message.

POOR 009 
Some reason I thought it was uncool of Bond to steal 009s ride just to dump it in a lake. Pretty lame climax to the car chase if you ask me, - ejector seat you must be joking!

MR. WHITE 
He should have cleaned up for Bond when he asked him to come up stairs, a shower, shave and a nice suit to go out on. Also he would be more familiar to the casual viewer.

THE MEETING 
The Spectre meeting was simply amazing. Could have used an explanation about Hinx's thumbs but I suppose its not unnecessary.

CAR CHASE 
The car chase is wicked although I thought it to be not to climatic. I also didn't care for the Moneypenny phone call in the middle of it. 

CNS SUBPLOT
Why can't they just keep Q, M and MP at the beginning and end of the film... Couldn't get into this story thread. 

THE CLINIC 
Snow and no skiing, that's BS! Bond shouldn't be putting Q in danger either. Does EON have a partnership with a plane and helicopter company?... Lets keep it to a one helicopter action scene per film, EON. What is this Vietnam?

THE TRAIN 
I thought this was a great sequence but I saw most of it online it felt like. I was expecting Hinx to return before the film was over. Why would you have a character like Hinx if you are just not going to use him. This is what one of the most expensive films ever gets you? 

BLOFELD's LIAR 
Wonderful, interesting back story and looks but it felt unused to me. The rooms with the pictures and clothes was creepy. And great entrance by Blofeld. Why that place was made of gas, we'll never no.

TORTURE 
I thought it was a little weird and really brief. The shoot of the cat was great though and the big reveal. Not exactly as menacing as a laser like in GF. I might have preferred a sawblade coming at him or something. Felt like CR all over again.

MI6 SHOWDOWN 
That scene of Blofeld behind glass is splendid! Thank goodness Blofeld blow up MI6 so they have nothing else to blow up now besides baddie's liars now. They can finally focus on sending Bond on a straightforward mission. Bond should have shot out Q's fishing boat to destroy the helicopter! You kidding me! Bond shots a helicopter down with a hand gun... and I'm Arnold Plamer*. The weakest point in the film to me. It would have been better if Bond was on the bridge and Blofeld was trying to ruin him over with the helicopter like in FRWL but instead of sniping the passenger Bond could shoot the pilot with his PPK. 
Bond taking out Blofeld's helicopter with a few shots of his PPK was too easy.

Of all the ways Bond takes out a helicopter;

FRWL - Shots co-pilot with grenade
YOLT - Little Nelly
TSWLM - Underwater Lotus
AVTAK - Flaire 
TND - Throwing a chain into the rotor
TWINE - Car missile and gas 

ENDING 
Bond driving off with the girl is not all that bad unless they use the Bond theme to end the film like they have since, geez DAD is it. Come on. Just lazy if you ask me. That would have been a perfect moment for a heartfelt song IMO. Bond finding romance and all. If you ask me to, I just might change my mind And let you in my life forever,

BOX OFFICE & EXPECTATIONS FOR BOND 25 
I suspect if this does well Bond 25 will start of with Hinx freeing Blofeld. What is a ultra maximum security prison like? I would love a 2017 release but you know how EON is. They'll want Mendes back but have to wait a year so he can do CATS on Broadway.

Edited by S K Y F A L L, 02 December 2015 - 08:35 PM.

#2 DaveBond21

DaveBond21

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:25 AM

Why can't they just keep Q, M and MP at the beginning and end of the film... Couldn't get into this story thread. 

I agree with this. The way I feel about the Bond producers on this topic reminds me of Bond's stance at the start of Skyfall when he says "Hire me or fire me". I have the same attitude about this. Either get rid of MI6 or keep MI6 but stop going about the threat to its existence.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#3 dtuba

dtuba

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:23 AM

Great review S K Y F A L L - especially about Daniel being "too proud" to carry a box home, and "What is this, Vietnam?" Hilarious.

(Although I must point out that your beloved SF did not have the gunbarrel at the beginning, either.)

#4 S K Y F A L L

S K Y F A L L

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6889 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:35 PM

I actually picked the name SKYFALL before the film was out, haha. Thanks, how did I forget about SF's gun barrel?... Fixing it now.