This is a read only archive of the old forums
The new CBn forums are located at https://quarterdeck.commanderbond.net/

Photo

HAS THE A.I. been improved from the demo?

11 replies to this topic

#1 deth

deth

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2651 posts

Posted 22 November 2002 - 11:27 PM

...for the final version?? And I mean dramatically improved.....I don't want that junk that was the demo.....

#2 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 12:15 AM

Well - I just played the first mission on the PC version and I was still able to stand in front of a guard...

http://forums.comman...s=&postid=72585

#3 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 12:16 AM

Very sad news :) I've also found out that if I shot the bad guy anywhere, he didn't react to where he was shot - only when I killed them, did they flop down and die.

#4 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 12:43 AM

So I take it it's out in the UK?

I'll check EBgames later because if you guys have it when we probably will...still, that press release DID say 11/25...

#5 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 09:52 AM

My mate was able to get me a copy from the states - I'm kinda sure it's still not out on PC yet in the UK.

#6 SWZSSR4000

SWZSSR4000

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 12:00 PM

You should get the Console versions, you get 12 missions and i think for the PC there is only 9, and there are no bugs in the console version and you are getting them for like the same exact price ($50) so I would by the console version.

#7 The Admiral

The Admiral

Admiral

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 12:02 PM

I would get a console version any day - but I don't have any of the consoles :)

#8 gkgyver

gkgyver

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1891 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 01:19 PM

A question over here:o I own a PAL GameCube. If I could get the US version of the game, would I be able to play it on my GC? My TV can handle NTSC and I own a RGB cable.

#9 General Koskov

General Koskov

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 05:23 PM

Why couldn't MGM/EA spend the money and make a new engine for the PC game so that we PC-owners could play the driving levels? Or why not use another engine that had driving capabilities? Grrr, I thought this was going to be the a GE replacement, not another faliure. Now the only hope I have is that EA will make a v1.1 which will fix these AI issues and add in a Blofeld skin!

#10 jim74454

jim74454

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 05:49 PM

Originally posted by gkgyver
A question over here:o  I own a PAL GameCube. If I could get the US version of the game, would I be able to play it on my GC? My TV can handle NTSC and I own a RGB cable.

No it will not work. The formats on the discs are different. A PAL GameCube will not be able to read a NTSC disc.

#11 PaulZ108

PaulZ108

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1569 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 05:49 PM

If the AI is passable I'll be fine. I actually managed to sneak right in front of a ninja in NOLF2, which has the best AI of any game I've ever played. PC missions tend to be longer than console missions from my experience.

And when will people quit whining about there not being any SPECTRE elements? I'm sure that if they could have legally put it in there they would have. Such things are beyond their control. I think it's a bit premature to call it a failure. I'd rather have more normal FPS levels than driving levels any day, but that could be because my first game was Wolfenstein 3d.

#12 jim74454

jim74454

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 05:51 PM

Originally posted by General Koskov
Why couldn't MGM/EA spend the money and make a new engine for the PC game so that we PC-owners could play the driving levels?  Or why not use another engine that had driving capabilities? Grrr, I thought this was going to be the a GE replacement, not another faliure.  Now the only hope I have is that EA will make a v1.1 which will fix these AI issues and add in a Blofeld skin!

don't worry, i am sure there will be a patch. to complain to EA send them an e-mail at [email protected] and call it "007 Nightfire" they will see the complaint.

if they dont, we can always fix it ourselves.