1 reply to this topic

#1 DLibrasnow

DLibrasnow

Commander

• Enlisting
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16568 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 05:48 PM

Of course everyone knows that Audible (together with Brilliance Audio) unveiled 12 new unabridged John Gardner 007 audio books in October covering the titles "Icebreaker" to "Cold" with Simon Vance (aka Robert Whitfield) doing the narrator duties.

I didn't wait to accumulate all the audible credits necessary to snap up the series, but purchased them outright and I have been enjoying revisiting "Icebreaker", "Role of Honor" and "Nobody Lives Fore Ever" on my commutes into work. It's the first time I have read either novel for over a decade and I had forgotten so many details. I think Vance has continued the sterling job he did on the Blackstone Fleming editions several years ago.

I had purchased the Jeremy Northam narrated books a few years ago, and so I didn't mind that this series didn't include the first two of Gardner's novels.

Now, if Audible can get Vance to narrate the two Christopher Wood books that would be another instant purchase for me.

#2 Capt. Sticky

Capt. Sticky

Recruit

• Crew
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:03 AM

Awesome, and thanks! I've read the first few Gardner novels, and have devoured the audiobook version of Nobody Lives Forever and Win, Lose or Die. I have to say, Simon Vance is a great narrator!