#1 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:27 AM

http://www.theguardi...ew-spectre-film

Not a huge amount of SPECTRE information in there, but just putting it in the spoilers section as they discuss Oberhauser's relationship with Bond.

#2 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:04 PM

Yes it does let slip one bit of information about Oberhauser, although bear in mind Christoph Waltz remains very tight lipped about the part and the "information" might have been gained second hand and might turn out to be wrong - this is journalism after all.

The photos certainly suggest something, though again is it deliberate misinformation?

(I'm intrigued by the third one - is that smoke rising from his coat?)

#3 Major Tallon

Major Tallon

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2107 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:40 PM

I'm also intrigued by that photo.  Is the smoke coming from the coat, or is he, while wearing the coat, just emerging from a cloud of smoke?

#4 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:46 PM

I'm also intrigued by that photo.  Is the smoke coming from the coat, or is he, while wearing the coat, just emerging from a cloud of smoke?

On the question of whether one character might turn out to be another, I'm tempted to say "there's no smoke without fire" ;)

#5 Royal Dalton

Royal Dalton

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4542 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:54 PM

He must be wearing a smoking jacket.

#6 Surrie

Surrie

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:28 PM

Having watched SPECTRE I now think the 'smoking jacket' has no relevance to the movie at all. Misdirection! But I did enjoy the interview.

#7 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 10:35 PM

And having seen the film as well - he wasn't lying about who he was playing. But you'll have to see the film to understand why.