Rumour: James Bond set to return to the Sixties

35 replies to this topic

#31 harry stotle

harry stotle

Recruit

• Crew
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:19 PM

Well Guy Ritchie went for the retro look for Man From Uncle, and that tanked straight down the toilet.The Bond of the sixties has been done, no need to look back keep going forward

#32 Gay Bond

Gay Bond

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:51 PM

Since it's the Daily Express, it goes something like this. Bond investigates a secret organisation that's rumoured to have discovered a miracle pill for curing diabetes and arthritis. He travels to Brussels, fighting off henchmen along the way (evil asylum seekers and benefit claimants, obviously) but is thwarted in his sexual exploits by a nefarious organisation going by the name of the PC Brigade. Undeterred, he's forced to go undercover where he manages to obtain the secret to a longer life (statins, naturally), but on the way home, endures a killer winter that almost kills him. Fortunately he's rescued by a mysterious woman who's been taking these miracle pills and who turns out to be... Diana, Queen of Hearts! Finally they embrace whereupon Bond whispers to himself, "I think I've Di-ed and gone to heaven..."

(Not that the Express is predictable at all)

Oh, as for the actual subject matter here, I've long been keen on seeing a new Bond film set in the 60s, particularly if they can mimic some of the filming style too. But I can see the potential pitfalls. I guess it would invite unfair comparisons with the original films.

#33 Double Naught spy

Double Naught spy

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:53 PM

Two words: Time Machine!     Maybe, in Bond 25, 007 discovers that he has some long-lost, evil genius brother who has invented a time machine, and Bond has to chase him back to the 1960s to stop his brother's nefarious plot. 

I realize this has already been done in the Austin Powers films, so it is highly unlikely to occur.  I mean, how low would the 007 franchise have to sink to steal plot devices, plot-twists, etc. from a spy parody series like Austin Powers, right?   

#34 plankattack

plankattack

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1385 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:09 AM

Two words: Time Machine!     Maybe, in Bond 25, 007 discovers that he has some long-lost, evil genius brother who has invented a time machine, and Bond has to chase him back to the 1960s to stop his brother's nefarious plot. 

I realize this has already been done in the Austin Powers films, so it is highly unlikely to occur.  I mean, how low would the 007 franchise have to sink to steal plot devices, plot-twists, etc. from a spy parody series like Austin Powers, right?

Austin Powers didn't have an invisible car, did he........??

#35 Pushkin

Pushkin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:22 PM

I think a 60s era or even 50s era Bond is a good idea for 1 film. Perhaps between Craig and the next modern day Bond. But if they were to do it they should get an A lister to play Bond as a 1 off adventure. I would likely steer clear of all the classic stories that have been done in film already. But elements of Moonraker might work. 

#36 seawolfnyy

seawolfnyy

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4763 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 06:24 PM

For all intents and purposes, Spectre sure felt like a 60s Bond film.