8 replies to this topic

#1 Catching Bullets

Catching Bullets

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 05:11 PM

Not everyone is clearly disliking Sam Smith and his newest Bond anthem.

Strange and different is not the same as wrong.,,,

http://markoconnell....ths-007-anthem/

Edited by Catching Bullets, 03 October 2015 - 11:48 AM.

#2 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:06 AM

A very thoughtful review, thanks for sharing it!

#3 Catching Bullets

Catching Bullets

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:48 AM

Thank you sir.

#4 stamper

stamper

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2994 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:43 AM

Sam Smith is a swindler and a wanker. He steals songs. He looks ugly. That shot of his mouth in the clip made me puke my breakfast in disgust. The song as no progression and just repeat itself twice. This guy scored the worst Bond song nadir ever.

#5 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:17 AM

Well, it's an opinion, no?

Though next time I'd vastly prefer if you kept your language within civil boundaries, sir. The term 'wanker' can only insofar serve as an adequate attribute to describe a person as it doesn't come from fingers that engaged in the same activity not too long before. Empiric research indicates the class of wankers is a vastly underestimated percentage of the population.

Let this kindly serve as a final guideline for your future contributions, stamper...

#6 stromberg

stromberg

Commander RNVR

• The Admiralty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6841 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:50 AM

Sam Smith is a swindler and a wanker. He steals songs. He looks ugly. That shot of his mouth in the clip made me puke my breakfast in disgust. The song as no progression and just repeat itself twice. This guy scored the worst Bond song nadir ever.

Well, it's an opinion, no?

Though next time I'd vastly prefer if you kept your language within civil boundaries, sir. The term 'wanker' can only insofar serve as an adequate attribute to describe a person as it doesn't come from fingers that engaged in the same activity not too long before. Empiric research indicates the class of wankers is a vastly underestimated percentage of the population.

Let this kindly serve as a final guideline for your future contributions, stamper...

It may be seen as an opinion, but it's certainly one that contains rather abusive language and personal insults. Which earns you thirty days.

#7 Simon

Simon

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5884 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:44 AM

Can not his post be deleted?

I am quite frankly shocked to the very core of my being.

#8 Dustin

Dustin

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5786 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 12:25 PM

Yes, I guess some punk scratched that sticker from the doors telling children to keep their parents out of here or something...

#9 Catching Bullets

Catching Bullets

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:21 PM

Well opinions are like favourite Bond songs - everyone has one.

Though quite how a Number One hit and renewed interest in Bond, SPECTRE and Smith himself can be boiled down to such insults is a tad ridiculous.

If someone doesn't like the song, that is fine. It's a song from a movie. In the bigger scheme of things it doesn't matter. But maybe Mr Stamper should lay off the personal insults. Or rather the faux insults dressed up in a troll's clothing.