#61 RMc2

RMc2

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:39 PM

So far I'd say all the clues point to SPECTRE being Craig's Thunderball...  :D

Well, TB did feature SPECTRE number 1 and number 2. The question in this new movie; which number has been allocated to Franz Oberhauser?

In a mad twist, he's number 3!  :blink:

#62 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:51 PM

So far I'd say all the clues point to SPECTRE being Craig's Thunderball...  :D

Well, TB did feature SPECTRE number 1 and number 2. The question in this new movie; which number has been allocated to Franz Oberhauser?

In a mad twist, he's number 3!  :blink:

Well, in the book Thunderball, Blofeld wasn't number 1. the number assignments changed every month for security reasons. Oberhauser could easily be number 3 and still be in charge - or to borrow from a well known TV series;

"Who is Number 1?"

"You are, number 6!" ;-)

#63 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:10 AM

Yesterday, I discovered an in-flight-magazine supplied on the germanwings-airline.  It features a new cover story on Daniel Craig - with interview blurbs. 

At the end Craig says he would be "happy to do a few more" Bonds.

So, maybe the Esquire interview just got him at a bad (exhausted) moment.

#64 The Dove

The Dove

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16671 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:19 AM

Cool! Yeah, I'd imagine that after the 7 month grind of filming, what is sure to be an epic Bond, Craig would like to get away for a while to recharge batteries. I'll imagine that by this time, next year, he'll be raring to go for Bond 25.

#65 Tiin007

Tiin007

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 1696 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:18 PM

Yesterday, I discovered an in-flight-magazine supplied on the germanwings-airline.  It features a new cover story on Daniel Craig - with interview blurbs. 

Was there a date on this magazine? How recently was this interview conducted?

#66 SecretAgentFan

SecretAgentFan

Commander

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9055 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:43 PM

It´s the current issue. And it was connected to SPECTRE, with Sédoux commenting on Craig as well (the usual "he´s so great").  

I could imagine it coming from the press junket in August.

#67 Guy Haines

Guy Haines

Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3075 posts
  • Location:"Special envoy" no more. As of 7/5/15 elected to office somewhere in Nottinghamshire, England.

Posted 22 September 2015 - 06:31 PM

My thought as well. He was asked about the next Bond film, did he feel like doing it? "At this moment , no." was the gist of his reply. And after many months of hard work and injury at times, who would?

#68 Marcin

Marcin

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:34 PM

On the other hand, reading the Esquire interview I was under the impression that Craig was more comfortable, more easygoing and therefore more sincere than usual. It wasn't typical Q&A session with trivial answers to standard questions. I'd say that's where he was saying what he really feels. 

#69 Emrayfo

Emrayfo

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 02:14 AM

Yesterday, I discovered an in-flight-magazine supplied on the germanwings-airline. It features a new cover story on Daniel Craig - with interview blurbs.

My thought as well. He was asked about the next Bond film, did he feel like doing it? "At this moment , no." was the gist of his reply. And after many months of hard work and injury at times, who would?
This is my take too.

On a slightly separate note, don't we have two threads discussing this same Esquire interview? I started one as well I think.

Edited: Okay here it is: http://debrief.comma...artin-mcdonagh/
I remembered it slightly wrong, I just linked to and brought up the Esquire interview in an already existing interview thread I'd started - so the threads are probably distinct enough there is no need to merge.

Edited by Emrayfo, 26 September 2015 - 02:17 AM.

#70 Syndicate

Syndicate

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:03 AM

I agree, as I see it he wants to get away do some other kinds of movies that has nothing to with Bond at all. Then when ready, do another one. But not sure If he was ask to do a close to the real spy movie would he do it. Those like Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Siege, The Russia House, The Assignment and The Hunt For Red October. Would he do it outside of Bond. I would think he don't want to be like Roger Moore who didn't really make any other kinds of movie outside of the Bond movies. Dalton not really either. Maybe just one that not that big. That beside just relaxing and taking some time off  after a Bond movie.

#71 Syndicate

Syndicate

Lieutenant

• Crew
  • PipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 03:36 PM

So What do you all make of it on what Daniel Craig said to Time Magazine or Time Out. Is it he just need to recharge take some time off, make some other movies that has nothing to do with Bond. Then when he ready he'll make the next Bond movie. Is Daniel Craig really done with playing James Bond, in his own view.

Another thing as I see it, it getting harder and harder for Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli to find the next right actor to play James Bond.

Edited by Syndicate, 08 October 2015 - 03:38 PM.

#72 Vauxhall

Vauxhall

Commander

• Executive Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10744 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:30 PM

Bit more discussion on that interview here:
http://debrief.comma...“for-the-money/

#73 Alexedward

Alexedward

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:55 PM

I personally believe that the success and critical response at box office will decide either he will return for 007 character or will finally leave the franchise