http://www.chronicle...ver-see-9813335

#2 Jim

Jim

Commander RNVR

• Commanding Officers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14266 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:08 PM

Do you actually read these before posting them?

#3 glidrose

glidrose

Lt. Commander

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 2469 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:21 PM

http://www.slate.com...gop_debate.html

This may or may not have anything to do with Spectre. It may or may not include spoilers. Regardless, Donald Trump's toupee will make a fantastic B25 villain. Does this count as a spoiler?

#4 Thevan7F

Thevan7F

Midshipman

• Crew
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:49 AM

How about post you don't want James Bond to drive & want you want see Bond behind in wheel of car. I want to see him in Bentley, Jaguar & Lotus again beside Aston Martin. Never again BMW. American Ford Mustang or Lincoln.

#5 Golddragon71

Golddragon71

Sub-Lieutenant

• Crew
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 06:15 PM

Actually after I read that i started thinking about the few snippets I've heard/read/seen already and i can't help but wonder what bond will be equipped with when he returns for the nest mission

Bond: hello Q.

Q: 007, we've had some cutbacks to non-vital operational equipment so be prepared.....

Bond: ...none vital operational equipment?

Q: For instance, your new car, (Q leads Bond through a corridor to a garage that now houses various nondescript cars of various makes)

You have a choice, a Volkswagen Jetta, a Honda Civic or a Saturn....

Bond...Now you've GOT to be joking!

Q: I wish I was but the oversight community feels that it's no longer fiscally responsible to subject the taxpaying public to the outlandish unrealistic prices of Aston Martin and what have you..

Bond: Next you're going to tell I don't get a new Walther.

Q: No... You do.  A firearm in the field is considered vital operational equipment...your watch on the other hand...

Bond: (clasping a hand over his Omega) They're cutting off Omega?!?

Q: Unless you paid for it out of pocket yes. But as I recall you were issued that one so you'll have to turn it in and rely on the clock app in your smartphone.

Bond: a watch isn't a required operational equipment?

Q: not when everyone can use their phones to tell time now no. We have equipped the phone with some special service exclusive apps but be mindful that it isn't restored on an outside source

Bond: Why's that?

Q the apps are service-exclusives they'll delete themselves rather than be fed into public access and you won't be able to re-install them in the field.

Bond: ....Truly, a Brave New world....